**TSD Meet Me in St Louis 2018 Discussion Lounge**

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Bama Samurai, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

It was really fun to talk with everyone in person. You guys are the best.

jtspartan, Paul76, Keithmax and 7 others like this.
  2. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

7B39FF39-6849-4C77-B295-D205C1D34C43.jpeg I have been keeping busy in Vegas, trying to win some razor money.

The meet up exceeded my expectations, well worth flying halfway across the world to meet everyone. Thank you Neal for pulling all this together.

Drygulch, jtspartan, Paul76 and 5 others like this.
  3. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Did you try that razor yet Keith?

Keithmax likes this.
  4. mrchick

Randy sent this strop up to the meeting so I can give it to a coworker that is interested in straight razor shaving. I neglected to take a good before picture but have this one. [​IMG]
    As you can see, it had a few nicks in it. Adam gave me some pointers on restoring it. I stopped at a hardware store today and grabbed some 400grit, and a bar of hotel soap makes a decent sanding block. I was able to sand off the damage.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    A wipe down with a hotel wash cloth and some hand rubbing and it looks pretty good. I will give it to my friend with a razor that I restored for him. Hopefully we will have one more for the dark side.
    [​IMG]
    Thank you @BaylorGator

Drygulch, jtspartan, Paul76 and 6 others like this.
  5. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Great job on the restoration, Brian! Your friend will get a nice strop and razor to go along with it.

Paul76, RyX, Keithmax and 3 others like this.
  6. Bama Samurai

Nice work. That's a good strop for a beginner to learn upon.

Paul76, RyX, wristwatchb and 2 others like this.
  7. Bama Samurai

The meet up is gonna be remembered as the highlight of my 2018.

8. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Thank you, Keith, for making the trip! It was a great weekend thanks to you and everyone else who came. I'm ready to do another one!

Paul76, RyX, BaylorGator and 3 others like this.
  9. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

That thing cleaned up nicely!

Paul76, RyX, mrchick and 2 others like this.
  10. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Of course, I couldn’t resist. It is definitely my style.

11. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Yeah, I almost didn't recognize @mrchick at dinner on Friday night.

Keithmax, Paul76, BaylorGator and 2 others like this.
  12. mrchick

Keithmax, Paul76 and wristwatchb like this.
  13. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Wow, that’s awesome! The strop was originally given to @RyX. (Yet another run of the mill generous act perpetuated by this group). Both he and I used it as our sacrificial first strop to learn on, so It was really beat up. I felt a little bad passing it along in that condition, but hoped it would serve the same purpose for your friend as it had for us. The fact that you cleaned it up to look that good is exciting. I hope your friend has a great experience with it.

By the way, anyone heard from Rick lately? I’m realizing he’s been a bit scarce around these parts lately. Hope all is well.

Keithmax, Paul76, wristwatchb and 3 others like this.
  14. Bama Samurai

He's just got a lot going on at home right now, I am sure he is just taking care of stuff. He's still around.

15. RyX

RyX DoH!

Yup, I'm ghosting around TSD. Trying to keep up reading my favorite threads but not posting much. Fond memories of raising my four kids, and those are the select good thoughts. Now I've got my daughter and her three little ones under foot. Reacquainted with trying to keep food in the kitchen and dining areas, wrappers for single serving snacks and discarded clothes scattered hither and yon. Recent chapters of my life were Batchelor Style but I've turned a couple pages bringing me into the present world - Pawpaw as daddy. Yeehaw!

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

Drygulch, Keithmax, jtspartan and 8 others like this.
  16. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear going better rick, and glad to see your keeping up on your favorite postings.

Drygulch, Keithmax, NCoxSTL and 2 others like this.
  17. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

I’m glad to hear that. I thought you would like that one.

Keithmax, wristwatchb and Paul76 like this.