TSD screen theme

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by Teiste, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Austin

Austin Member

:D:D:D

That's a good one my friend. I just find it pleasing to my eyes.

2. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    The blue theme is the one that comes prepackaged with the software. The closer to stock you keep the program, the simpler it is to maintain/upgrade. For that reason, many have chosen to use it just as it is, or slightly modify it. With the amount of work required to maintain each "style", I completely understand those that run close to stock.

3. freddy88

freddy88 Member

Thanks for the explanation, Sparky. I am not computer literate so just assumed that you did this from scratch. Boy do I have a lot to learn! :o

4. sparky5693

Administrator
    No problem at all. In case you're curious.....

Our software is called vbulletin. Aside from being fully functional as it stands, the software is designed to allow the addition of our own custom programming via the source code. It's a really nice structure. There's even forums where administrators share their tweaks/additions with each other.

I've finished the graphics for the new theme, and now i'm adding in all the custom functionality.

5. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Thanks for your work Sparky!when do you think that the new screen theme is gonna be available?Gosh,Im more exited about the new screen theme than I was with the release of Firefox 3.5 :D

6. freddy88

freddy88 Member

But not quite as excited as you are about that red and white handle Semogue! :happy097

7. Teiste

Teiste New Member

ok,you got me Freddy...heheheheheh:D:D:D how was the 2000?

8. freddy88

freddy88 Member

Give me a chance, Teiste. I just got home a few hours ago. :o

I have to admit, I'm really curious about the new screen. Will this brown one be kept along with the new screen?

9. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Uh, yeah........ This brown one is TSD. And the blue hurts my eyes, as does the new dark one.

10. Truckman

Truckman New Member

+1....except the new dark one - I haven't seen that one yet...

11. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Thats the thing,the brown one is the one that hurts my eyes.Thanks goodness that we have,at least,two options screens so far,waiting for the 3rd to come :D

12. Queen of Blades

The blue one? does that hurt your eyes?

My point was a bit....ummm.....self-centered. :o I do the volunteer work that financially supports the forum. Why would I do the work if I can't even read the forum cause it hurts my eyes?

13. Truckman

Truckman New Member

To me the brown "is" TSD.... that was the color that popped up when I first found the site. The blue is a bit harsh, and reminds me of the other 2 sites....

14. Teiste

Teiste New Member

I did support financially another forum and Im willing to do the same with this.Tell me how can I do it and It would be a pleasure.And the blue one doesnt hurts my eyes but and its more pleasant than the other one.Bit still waiting for the darkness to come heheheheheheheheh:D:D:D:

15. Queen of Blades

You've already helped support the forum financially. When you bought the shave stick, that money goes to the forum, not me. I don't make any money through the store. It all goes to TSD, and so does my time. :) And I enjoy doing these things for you guys. It makes me happy.

But suggesting the colors that are the forums colors may go away is just :confused:

We're lucky we have such a great admin, who can accommodate these type of requests.

16. Teiste

Teiste New Member

I really hope to get more of your shavesticks and stuff in the future.:DThis place really deserve to be supported.
    Im sorry about suggesting about the screen theme,It was just a suggestion but didnt mean to make Sparky work more than the necessary,Im sorry about that.

17. sparky5693

Administrator
    It;s all good guys. I'm in this for the fun myself, and I probably get just as excited as the rest of you when I add in something new (silly ain't it?). Everything is going well with the new design, just fixing some minor bugs, and tweaking the graphics a bit.

I only hope it lives up to the hype. :ashamed001

18. freddy88

freddy88 Member

+1 :D

19. Queen of Blades

No need to apologize, Teiste. :)

20. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News