TSD Soap of the Quarter

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by swarden43, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Turnz2

Turnz2 Member

I'll go with what's easier for JoAnna. If it's a small sample in a petri dish I'm all for that.

2. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I think I'd prefer the tin, but it's not make-or-break for me. If I don't like the container I can always move the soap to an Anchor Hawking bowl or a mug.

3. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

2oz in a petri dish would be perfect for me. I might actually be able to use that much soap in my rotation in a quarter.

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Here's what we have so far:

Scent:
    4 for Option 1 - let JoAnna pick as she chooses
    7 for Option 2 - let JoAnna suggest several "seasonal scents", then we would vote on one
    1 for Option G - see post # 3, thanks to the anti-comedian :rolleyes:

I don't see where "options" to the soap of the quarter (such as adding menthol or choosing a different soap from what has been selected by whomever) would be easy for JoAnna. I'm about keeping it easy for her. The Soap of the Quarter is the Soap of the Quarter - take it or leave it. Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh, but I agree with CSBudzi - it's a chance to try soaps you might not normally order. If you're afraid of getting something you won't like, you're not under any obligation to subscribe. (although getting the beer scent might cause me second thoughts :happy102)

Dish:
    6 for the smaller dish
    1 for the tin

I also like the idea JoAnna mentioned about fancy labeling to distinguish it as a Soap of the Quarter.

5. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

As for the first question I would go with opt 1 - JoAnnas choise, more fun.. Especially for her I guess =)

And on item number 2 Ill go with smaller petri dish..

6. Dewaine

Dewaine Well-Known Member

I say option 1 - JaAnna's pick.

And just keep the same size, same bowl for the soap as the one currently in use for TSD soap sales. Why change it??

7. TikiiTorch

TikiiTorch New Member

Great Idea

This sounds like a great idea. Especially for a new shaver like me.

I think small sizes of unique scents would help introduce me to some new stuff, as getting started presents you with SO MANY choices! And lower cost packaging is always welcome!

So for voting purposes:
    2oz Petri Dish with JoAnna's choice of scent

8. Dulouz

Dulouz Active Member

I'll go with JoAnna's choice. We all trust her, right?

Petri dish. I would love to have tons of big jars of great smelling soap, but it might be overwhelming for a beginner like me.

9. bperryman1

bperryman1 Member

I like the idea of the smaller option and to also let Joanna pick the scent. This gives me the option to try other soaps also. Since Ive started with using soaps instead of the canned goo ive acquired the buying soap disease. I think I have enough soaps to last me two years lol.

10. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Ok, I've picked the first, second, and third scents. We'll vote on the fourth scent later.

The first scent is on it's way.

I'm working on figuring out the costs now. The international shipping cost isn't looking very good, at all. But I don't have an exact shipping weight yet, so I just guessed.

No, I don't have an idea of the subscription cost yet. Lots of stuff to figure in still.

11. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

JoAnna, you're the best!

12. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

:) You are AWESOME JoAnna.

13. red71veloce

red71veloce Member

Awesome idea! I'm in for sure. Love the idea of a surprise scent picked by JoAnna. Also prefer a small soap since I have enough soaps/creams to last awhile as it is. Can't wait to see the price.

Tracy

14. sean102385

sean102385 Member

I would love to be in on this also. My vote would also be for #1. Whatever the Queen chooses.

15. TikiiTorch

TikiiTorch New Member

Great news! I have a piggy bank that was waiting for a reason to get smashed. This sounds like a good reason to me.

16. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

JoAnna rules!

17. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

Option 1

Artistic freedom for JoAnna and a nice surprise for us.

A special container would be cool. But I can see the sense in a 2oz quantity. That's 8 oz of soap a year -- quite a lot.

18. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

JoAnna => da Bomb!
    :thanks :happy096 :1respect

19. Dewaine

Dewaine Well-Known Member

Where is it on its way to? Should I check for a UPS delivery? :)

20. bperryman1

bperryman1 Member

Joanna you have to have a menthol option Im hooked on menthol.