TSD Store Products

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by EndlessFields, Jan 5, 2012.

1. JimPo42

JimPo42 Purported Hand-Shaver

The limited run soaps are nice to try something different. I just recently got the pineapple (which I believe is still up) and I really liked it. They lather great and it smells terrific. For $5 shipped it's an awesome deal to add a little random soap to the den.

Queen of Blades likes this.
  2. Indiexsunrise

Indiexsunrise Well-Known Member

Got my order in today, m-bomb and some blades... Love the M-bomb!

3. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

+ 1 on the pineapple! I have been using it everyday for the last week and I love it. When it first came in the mail I had been driving around in the car doing errands and the smell filled the car and it was great! When I got home I told my wife not to worry about cooking dinner and we ordered Canadian bacon and pineapple pizza for dinner.

The limited run soaps are always fun!

burnout961 and Queen of Blades like this.
  4. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

They are fun. I got the Christmas Ale at Christmas time and it was like JoAnna rolled Christmas up in a ball, put it in a container and shipped it off. Great scent.

5. Smott

Smott Chew your shave. Slowly.

Oh dear, I tried to order a handful of scent samples before I place another order for the soaps/creams, and the shipping was $11 for the scent samples alone. Assuming these are just small cotton pads, is that correct, or is there a weight mistake in the system that calculates shipping?

6. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

message joanna provided you order is not complete yet she will combine shipping and refund the extra when ships them. At least as far as I know, I have read post of her's to the topic in the past

7. awake2shave

8. Smott

Yeah, I'll probably just message her directly and see what she says. My problem is that I'm not trying to combine two orders. I'm just trying to order some scents this time around so I know what scents I like. I'll make a list of which ones I preferred from the scent samples, and use that for subsequent soap/cream orders.

My problem is that just ordering a series of scent samples (not the soap/cream samples) which are placed on cotton swabs will cost around $14. Haha, so I don't know whether to just order the cream/soap directly and hope for the best, or if it's still worth it to pay the premium to know what they're going to smell like in advance.

9. awake2shave

Hmmm that is bit of a Delama I dont think the tsd sent samples come on cotton swabs to I thought they were just tiny bottles please dont quote me on that one tho I have only ordered one sample from the shop and it was a soap sample came as a puck the size of a mini tart.
    If it counts for anything I ordered my soaps from the shop blind and the egyptian spice is now on my bliss sent list.

10. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    :shocked003: HARDCORE AFTERSHAVE!!!:git:I gotta ask, doesn't that sting? and how do you stop the bleeding?

lol. Gotta love typos.

lradke and Smott like this.
  11. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    The TSD scents are several drops of essential oil on a cotton swab and individually baggied. I tried to order one of each of all the scent samples one time and changed my mind when the software went haywire and wanted to charge me $45.00 for shipping! I'm sure JoAnna would have sorted it out, but I decided to wait until her life is a little less hectic.:p

12. Smott

Just checked again to be sure. From the store's description:
    Each sample is $0.25, and I was getting 12 samples so I could try a wide variety. Unfortunately, the shipping is $11 for those samples. Ugh. I wrote JoAnna just to verify, so we'll see I guess. I'd prefer to smell these before I choose a couple of creams/soaps, but at that price, I might have to fire away somewhat blindly too. I'm sure just about any of them are wonderful.

13. Smott

Another really good point. I'll just leave it alone for a while since I know she's got her hands quite full.

14. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I always do. :)
    No need to wait on my account.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not meaning to come across rude or anything, but if folks could try to send me store questions through the store's email page, instead of a private conversation on the forum, it would be much appreciated.
    Thanks!

15. Smott

I'm sorry, JoAnna. I'm causing much more trouble than I intended to. Sorry, everybody!

16. Queen of Blades

Now don't do that to me. <insert pouty smilie>
    I'm very sensitive. :ashamed001:

It wasn't directed at just you, or anyone in particular.But I've been getting slammed with PMs regarding store issues lately.
    I can't reply nor keep track of business things through PMs as easily as emails.

17. Smott

Oh no, even my apologies cause problems! [​IMG]

I really am sorry, JoAnna, and no tag backs! hehe I will definitely do anything possible to keep from adding to your problems. Sometimes, adding to problems is my unintended specialty! Ok everyone, you heard the lady: no more PMs about store issues! Direct those things to her store email!

18. Queen of Blades

No worries. I just don't want people thinking I'm being mean or am upset or anything. I just know what works for me and staving off the :shocked029: I experience sometimes. :)

19. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, just got my first TSD order and had time to try a few samples. First, the aftershave milk (unscented) works wonderfully. I layered TSD splash samples before the milk and liked the results. As long as scent goes, I did not like the eucalyptus so much, but the TSD signature has a nice light Bay Rum scent.I also liked the cooling effect of the M-bomb although I found it rather sticky even after shaking it for 5 minutes! Any inputs on that?

20. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    I've never used M-Bomb myself, but Glycerin is some syrupy stuff and a great lather enhancer. JoAnna will add menthol to any of her products if you want, otherwise, This is from a review that you probably saw when you ordered the M-Bomb...
    This is a fun, useful product to have on hand. Not only will it make a crappy aftershave more moisturizing it will also give you your menthol fix. Works well mixed in a soap or cream, too. I knocked off a star because it does separate and because the glycerin is so viscous it's hard to shake back up. Minor quibble though.
    David Peters :: 2012-02-29 12:32