Turkish Shave Soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by BigD, May 25, 2019.

1. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

The long hair and mustache is a bit much. Lol..

RyX and Frijolero like this.
  2. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Ok, @BigD , it looks promising, so I ordered a couple. At $7, including shipping, I figured it was worth a shot, since I am a fan of Arko, and Derby.

3. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Dang it. I have yet to buy a tub. Everyone keeps buying it. By the time I pull the trigger there will be none left. LMAO.

I think I'll go ahead and pull the trigger tomorrow. I just want to go a few days without spending one dime. Just a few days. I can do it. Just a few days not buying anything and enjoying what I already have. I can do it. I swear.

RyX, Frijolero and Paul Turner like this.
  4. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Okay, I lied. Just bought the last three probably from the same seller as @DaltonGang . He said he just bought two, the seller posted they had just sold two with three left. I bought those. Starting tomorrow I am GRUME. The whole month of June I ain't buying anything shave related. I have enough stuff and I need to just be thankful for what I have and enjoy it.

RyX, Ksblazer, brit and 3 others like this.
  5. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Got mine yesterday and used it this morning. Upon opening, it smells Arko'ish but not nearly as strong. Took my boar brush to it and it lathered very well. There was plenty of cushion and it was pretty slick. Need to play with the water/soap ratio but for the first use, I'm pleased. Not thrilled about the packaging but I reckon that's part of the low cost. I'll live with that.

So, first use and I give it a thumbs up

RyX, Frijolero, Yehuda D and 2 others like this.
  6. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Ok, I just tried some "More For You". It smells like ARKO. Lathers like Arko. Just a little more Arko smell, and lather. Great soap.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    RyX, Yehuda D, BigD and 1 other person like this.
  7. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

From my research about Turkish shave soaps I've done. I get the feeling that this is kind of their (Turkish) signature scent profile.

Will be following this thread as I kind of like my Turkish shave products and may want to add more to my collection.

RyX, BigD, DaltonGang and 1 other person like this.
  8. Ksblazer

Just broke down and bought a 12pk of Arko sticks off the bay today.

Will get going into my regular rotation as soon as I'm done using up what's left of Haslinger, that I have in my Old Spice mug.

9. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Mind letting us know how much you were able to score the Arko sticks for? I just bought 10 Arko Pucks for 2.20 USD on Amazon. The same vendor has twelve Arko Sticks for less than 12.00 USD.

RyX and Frijolero like this.
  10. Ksblazer

I paid $12.67 for 12 sticks and free shipping. With state tax and all it was just under $14.

It should be getting delivered next week.:scared011:

RyX, DaltonGang, BigD and 2 others like this.
  11. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

You get it straight from Turkey or from a vendor in the US? Either way, I'm a bit jealous.

RyX likes this.
  12. Ksblazer

It's from a US vendor.

I see it for $11 and change on Amazon. But I'm not a prime member. So the shipping bumps it up to like $19 and change. And that's not counting state tax either.

To be honest I'm not sure how much of a profit they are making at 12.67 and shipping it to me? But it must be enough to make it worth while.

RyX and BigD like this.
  13. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

I think the vendors get a bit of help financially from Amazon when they participate in Prime. I'm a Prime member due to all the Prime Movies and TV Shows. I'm a documentary junky.

Anyway, in your situation the Ebay route was the way to go. Great find.

brit, RyX, DaltonGang and 2 others like this.
  14. RyX

RyX DoH!

Feel free to post links to products as long as they aren't open auctions. A"Buy It Now" (BIN) from the bay is cool.

brit and Frijolero like this.
  15. Ksblazer

Update!!

I opened the front door this morning and there was a padded envlope sitting off to the side addressed to me.

The envelope was from Amazon? I could smell the Arko soapyness through it. So I knew what was in there. Opened up the envelope and had 12 sticks of Arko and a crushed Arko box in there.

So it appears that this vendor is selling Arko on both sites and shipping via Amazon. As quickly as this item arrived. I wouldn't be surprised if it shipped out of the Amazon warehouse. It was supposed to be here on or after July 2nd. Not that I'm complaining. Sooner the better.:p

BigD, brit, DaltonGang and 1 other person like this.
  16. Ksblazer

To you Turkish shave soap experts

Which Turkish soap brand do you consider to be the best? Arko, Derby, More for you? Or is it another brand?

Give me your top 3 list. As I'm curious as to where Arko stands compared to the other Turkish soaps out there.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    Yehuda D, brit and BigD like this.
  17. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Of the soaps, this is hard to tell. Of what I've tried Arko has a slight edge. I have yet to try Fume.

Of the creams, Arko hands down. Punches well above its weight class.

Ksblazer and brit like this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

arko is softer than derby..only 2 i have tried so far..

Ksblazer likes this.
  19. Ksblazer

Thanks for the reply

The only Turkish soap soap\cream I've used so far has been Arko stick.

Kind of tempted to try the Derby stick though. It's only costs a little more than Arko and if it's a harder soap. I would think that it may last longer than Arko?

BigD and brit like this.
  20. Ksblazer

Well I couldn't take not knowing what Derby stick is like. So I placed an order on the bay for some.

Got 12 sticks coming to me for $19.99

With state tax it comes up to $22.03

Not quite as inexpensive as Arko. But I'm looking forward to it. Just hope I don't get a reaction from it. Since I'm getting 12 sticks.

BigD, brit and BlueShaver like this.