Type 2 Diabetes

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Redrock, Oct 14, 2021.

1. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

I was 64 when I found out I had diabetes, and looking back I had the symptoms many years before.
    It's very easy to get a blood test for diabetes.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Tedolph, Eeyore and Tdmsu like this.
  2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    @IAmTheJody Please don't ignore diabetes. My T2D brother-in-law has lost his leg from ignoring his. His is so bad he actually managed to get set-up with a Continuous Glucose Meter. Insurance won't generally pay for that for T2Ds.

As a T1D since 1987, my CGM has been lifechanging. Pre-CGM, my A1C was a consistent 9.9. After getting my Dexcom, 6 - 7.
    Seeing my blood sugar in real time has made me realize why I feel like crud all the time.
    Right now I'm looking at getting an insulin pump.

stuartganis and IAmTheJody like this.
  3. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

True. Thanks!

4. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

Not feeling like crud all of the time has been one for the best results from using the Trulicity. This, plus losing the weight, has made a very positive difference. I wish you and everyone the best.

Tdmsu and Tedolph like this.
  5. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

If you have insurance, I'd do it out of curiosity and if you see something trending in a direction you don't like, you can do something about it before you need meds.

6. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

I became a type 2 diabetic in 2016. My medication has gradually increased so that now I take 2 Metformin tablets in the morning and evening and the same for Glycazide.

Tedolph likes this.
  7. Bussemand

Bussemand Well-Known Member

I'm 43, and earlier this year I decided that I was finally old enough to get a check-up. That resulted in a T2 diagnosis... To be honest, I'm not surprised, as I've been comfort eating most of my life, and have spent the last 15 years on a couch. My dad also has T2, but he got it in his 60's.
    I started treatment with metformin this summer, and soon thereafter semaglutid was added. The semaglutid pills would give me really bad stomach aches, so I switched to weekly injections instead, and it's working really well.
    A couple of years ago, at my peak, I was 300lbs. Before the injections, I had managed to get down to 274, and at present I am at 260lbs. Ozempic seems to have put an end to my food/sweets addiction, and it is such a relief!