Uncle Jon's pipe smoke soap review

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by matthewoli98, Mar 21, 2019.

1. matthewoli98

matthewoli98 Well-Known Member

This soap has a very masculine, dark sort of scent. You can definitely smell the hints of tobacco, but also hints of caramel and it definitely lives up to its name, its absolutely fantastic stuff!

Lathering:10/10 this is a great lathering soap, as good the credance which Tony sent which im saving for winter. An absolute winner in this category.

Residual slickness: 9/10 not quite as slick as the Col Conk, but great residual slickness non the less, ive found that soaps tend to have far superior residual slickness when compared to creams, but YMMV.

Lather stability: 10/10 super stable thick and cushioning lather!!!!

Scent:10/10, lives up to its name, smells great in the tub and when lathered, one of the few soaps ive used which retails its strong scent after lathering. In fact this scent is so strong that you wont even need an aftershave, witch hazel or something else just to sooth your skin will do just fine.

Price: 6/10: a bit on the pricey side, but this is an extremely high quality soap, definitely worth its price.

Conclusion: Uncle Jon absolutely has a winner here, he's well known in the wetshaving community online, and certainly knows his stuff! Ive seen he makes a menthol soap too, and if we got this is SA i would definitely give that a go!

A huge thanks to Natie for the soap, its absolutely fantastic!!!

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk
    [​IMG]

brit, AGHisBBS, Yehuda D and 5 others like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Nice review. Y'know, The Soap Exchange describes their scents similar to your description(in part anyway)-that the soap scents are so good you don't need an aftershave. I can certainly envision how that would be the case with Unk John's Pipe Smoke Soap.

3. matthewoli98

Its a great great soap, one of the few with such a strong scent!

Yehuda D and Paul Turner like this.
  4. Paul Turner

The caramel helps "sooth" the tobacco, right?

5. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Excellent review. I have a melon from Jon's and really enjoy it. I find the soap lathers very easily and is plenty slick.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

6. matthewoli98

Yes it does actually

Yehuda D and Paul Turner like this.
  7. Paul Turner

This helps me to appreciate the tobacco scent pertaining to shaving. I doubt there was any caramel in that Local Gents soap I mistakenly bought-that was more "Ash Tray Tobacco". Quick flip into the trash.

8. matthewoli98

It definitely doesnt smell like "ash tray tobacco" im sure you'd enjoy this soap, i sure do!

Paul Turner likes this.
  9. Newcreature

Newcreature Member

That is a great soap and you will like the menthol as well, but Try his Enlightenment when you get a chance it is really nice Great scent...

10. matthewoli98

We have one place here in SA that only stock a few of his soaps, but if those are released here ill definitely give them a go!