Unique Old Spice, and Avon Bottles/Decanters, And Finds

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by DaltonGang, Sep 29, 2017.

1. RyX

RyX DoH!

Don't let the fancy decanters draw you in. Choose them for the juice and buy em cheap. Later on you'll have more weird glass bottles than you can store.

DaltonGang and Paul Turner like this.
  2. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Yeah they have abunch and I’m limited on space. But I’ll definitely go look. Thank you for the advice!

RyX likes this.
  3. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Yeppers, juice is the most important thing. I don't care about what the Avon juice comes in. As for Shulton Old Spice, well, some containers are somewhat rare, and if they are full, then double plus. I dont buy anything, just for the decanter. Price is a very big factor too.

Enrico and RyX like this.
  4. Timwcic

Timwcic Well-Known Member

Here is one you don't see every day. A Early American Old Spice three piece women set. Has Toilet Water, Bubble Bath and Powder with puff. It seams unused, maybe NOS. The toilet water scent is 100% identical to the 1980s Shulton Old Spice scent, just seams a touch stronger and more concentrated.

A little Early American history from P&G

https://news.oldspice.com/about/history_timeline

8A089C14-356A-47D8-A1DE-39BC9E046917-185-0000011DD628F27E.jpg 87A87E52-A8D1-4CF4-B21B-FDA8AF50991F-185-0000011E0ADB951F.jpg 6BBAE785-A6AE-4618-B0D1-A858669713B7-185-0000011E4200BCD9.jpg

5. DaltonGang

Shulton Old Spice Gift Set #3380. 1962-1984.
    "Harbor View Of Historic Mystic"
    4 3/4 oz Aftershave
    4 3/4 oz Cologne

This one was NOS, still in the Cellophane. Bought for a song.

P9080503.JPG

P9080504.JPG

6. DaltonGang

Shulton Old Spice "Burley" circa. 1967-1973

Very nice scent. I've been hearing about it for a while, and was curious. So, got these at a reasonable cost.

P9190547.JPG

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'm quite interested in this one.

Douglas Carey, RyX and DaltonGang like this.
  8. DaltonGang

Shulton Old Spice. "Ships Bell" Decanter

P9270575.JPG

9. RyX

RyX DoH!

Don't think I've seen that style decanter before. What size bottle is it? The cap appears metallic. Is it push in or a screw on type?

Douglas Carey and DaltonGang like this.
  10. DaltonGang

Circa 1973. 6 oz.

I dont see these often, or the Spark Plug. You know, I havent taken it off yet. I guess I need to, just to see if the juice is legit. But, I believe all Shulton Old Spice bottles are the "Plug Type".

Douglas Carey and RyX like this.
  11. DaltonGang

Plastic cap, Plug Type. The Juice is legit. There was about 1/2 inch of the bottle that evaporated, over time, but, this just concentrated the scent. Only one word describes it, "Fantastic".

TestDepth, cliffb599 and RyX like this.
  12. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

I was digging under the sink tonight, looking for some of my razors that I might have put under there in my overnight bag, and found a full bottle of Stetson aftershave, which smells kinda nice and.....two bullet shaped decanters of Avon wild country aftershave. Both almost full. I think these have been around since I was a kid. I remember we used to have some different ones around, like the car. Don't know what ever happened to that one. They smell just like I remember them. I think most people nowadays couldn't handle that manly scent. Smells kinda nice to me though.

13. Paul Turner

I'd say those who can't handle that manly scent need to just ask themselves-"Did it smell nice"?

RyX and cliffb599 like this.
  14. RyX

RyX DoH!

Far as I know, Avon's Oland is the only vintage AS known to turn funny with age.
    Congrats on getting these back into circulation!

DaltonGang and Enrico like this.
  15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Sun and heat kill them. Keep them out of the windows (as decorations) and away from the heat ducts or registers.

I really like my Avon, though I feel like I have WAY too much Wild Country!

16. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Not my usual thread, but I did go to a 2nd hand store today that apparently got a ridiculous number of Avon aftershave bottles in. I’d say somewhere in the neighbourhood of 30 or so. Most were either empty or had a little left. A few were full or very near thereabouts. Most (including the empty ones) were either Deep Woods or Wild Country. A few Olands and one or two Tai Winds. No Brisk Spice. A few others I can’t remember- an empty Leather for sure. Mostly different cars, but also a lantern, birds, totem pole, etc. 2 were Spicy, one was a Chief’s head and was empty, the 2nd was a Greyhound Bus that was almost full. I grabbed it as I like to try dupes of Old Spice:
    C7BC1FEF-EAC0-4EBC-9057-57A1C5F2EC9F.jpeg
    It has a glass bottle and a plastic top & front. There was also a full Pheasant of Wild Country. Didn’t grab it, I’ll see what I think of the Spicy first. $5 each Canadian. Worth a try I think.

17. brit

brit in a box

:signs021:

jtspartan likes this.
  18. Paul Turner

That's a great one!

jtspartan likes this.
  19. RyX

RyX DoH!

From a friend that knows I'm into vintage Avon - Just A Twist Deep Woods AS.
    Avon Just A Twist Deep Woods.gif

20. DaltonGang

Shulton Old Spice. Stein Decanter.

These two just came in, today. They were both full, but something just wasnt right. Te smell was off. It smelled like my Grandmothers perfume, from the 70's. I put a dab on the back of one hand, and a dab of some of my known Shulton made stuff on the other. There it was, two distinctly different smells. The off stuff was so strong, I couldnt even wash it off, after 5 atempts. I messaged the seller, and ebay, and was promptly issued a refund, a few hours later. Now, what to do with the Granny Perfume??? I might just dump them, and wash out the containers. Or, give one away, if someone wants one, for the shipping charge only. Both are in great shape.

[​IMG]

Linuxguile, brit, TestDepth and 2 others like this.