Unique Old Spice, and Avon Bottles/Decanters, And Finds

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by DaltonGang, Sep 29, 2017.

1. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Excellent find.

If the price was.right, I would grab up every Spicy, and Island Lime he has.
    But, that's just me.

brit, RyX, Enrico and 1 other person like this.
  2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I'm going back this week and the price was definitely right. My wife wants to go as well. ;)

:eatdrink013:

brit, RyX, cliffb599 and 1 other person like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

very cool..

Enrico likes this.
  4. DaltonGang

Shulton:
    Old Spice. Lighthouse Decanter
    Soap On A Rope

All full of aftershave, and the Soap On A Rope smells like it is new. Very strong. Currently I am using a some of the Soap on a Rope, from a while back. Great smelling scent for a soap. The soap works decent too.

PA301207.JPG

5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I well recall the shower soap on a rope. I tried to use it as a deodorant soap, but in looking back I'm not sure it served that purpose. Perhaps they added it in since I last used it(which was, oh, about a half-century ago...a good way for a teen to get used to feeling "manly").

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    brit, DaltonGang and RyX like this.
  6. Dirtfarmer

Dirtfarmer Well-Known Member

I don't know much about Avon A/S and was wondering if there was a bottle shaped like a church? Its a white bottle but there is a piece missing off the cap. Whatever plastic goes on the screw cap is missing. I don't think there was a label sticker on it but it was with a few other Avon A/S bottles.

brit, Enrico and RyX like this.
  7. RyX

RyX DoH!

Probably was but I don't collect the decanters, just buy the bottles for the juice. Without the sticker, you'd have to sniff and describe. Maybe someone can identify the product by a scent description.

brit likes this.
  8. Dirtfarmer

I'll get back by the store it's in and take a picture this weekend.

brit and Enrico like this.
  9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Went back to the lady with the Avon hoard ......

IMG_1577.JPG

Three bottles full of Spicy
    Four bottles full of Mesmerized
    A new unused decanter (I'll use it to consolidate some bottles)

:happy108:

All that was left was about forty bottles of Wild Country, ten bottles of Tia Winds, eight bottles of Deep Woods, four or five bottles of Oland and a couple bottles of Wind Jammer.

:eatdrink047:

Timwcic, ghostlife, Angelo85 and 4 others like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

great haul..

11. DaltonGang

That Avon Spicy, is the best produced, in my opinion.
    I will go so far as saying it equals Shulton Old Spice, but in a different way. . Less powdery, and a spicier scent.

Angelo85, Paul Turner, brit and 2 others like this.
  12. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

The captain's choice Spicy is more powdery than the regular Spicy. Though I like the regular Spicy better, I really like the Captain's Choice bottle. :)

:eatdrink013:

RyX, brit and DaltonGang like this.
  13. DaltonGang

I haven't tried Captain's Choice yet.

RyX, Paul Turner, brit and 1 other person like this.
  14. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

B28C29E8-2C6B-4211-A06B-DA6EF49EECE3.jpeg Just scored an awesome haul at the Roosevelt Mall flea market today. I bought all these vintage Avon decanters, all with fragrance, aftershave, cologne in them for 5 bucks! 4 of the five decanters had the original box and packaging with them. I picked up decanters with several Wild Country bottles, Leather and Deep Woods.

15. Angelo85

I swear the woman selling me these aftershaves was a former Avon sales lady. She had 2 long tables with mountains of vintage Avon products on each table for both men and women.

RyX, brit and Enrico like this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

probably so..very cool.maybe she has ads or leaflets .worth asking ..historical content for products..

RyX and Angelo85 like this.
  17. Angelo85

I’ll have to see if she’s there next Sunday and ask her about that.

brit likes this.
  18. Dirtfarmer

I finally got back to the shop with the church bottle. I does have a Avon sticker on the bottom but it was empty and missing the steeple.
    IMG_0791.JPG
    And there was a couple more bottles as well. All empty though.
    IMG_0792.JPG

19. brit

brit in a box

one could fill a room with all the decanters they made..

20. Angelo85

D140495C-76D2-4ACA-9433-D4FB757ECBA5.jpeg Went back to my local flea market at the Roosevelt Mall and the lady with the Avon products was there again. I asked her if she was a former Avon salesperson and she said no. Today I picked up the four bottles you see here for 2 bucks. The pipe with Tribute was $1, the Volkswagen with Windjammer, car with Wild Country and Duracell battery with Spicy was 50 cents each, 3 for a $1. I may give one or two of these away as gifts.