Unique Old Spice, and Avon Bottles/Decanters, And Finds

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by DaltonGang, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

The Wild Country Model A box is about the same as that of my Maxwell 23 Tribute(course so is the car, so that makes sense).

2. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

Enrico and Douglas Carey like this.
  3. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

Is it correct to assume that Old Spice was doing the custom/unique bottles before Avon or did Avon pave the way for that idea? I'm loving seeing both bottles o remember and onesivenever seen.

Paul Turner, RyX and Douglas Carey like this.
  4. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Shulton Fresh Lime. Circa 1983. Rarely seen by me, and has a Lime/Shulton combination scent, that is unmistakable. I wasn't too thrilled with this scent, at first, but I do like it now.

PB061306.JPG

Yogi_Bear, Tim Spencer, brit and 5 others like this.
  5. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Good find.

RyX and DaltonGang like this.
  6. DaltonGang

Shulton Lime Telescope Decanter. Circa 1973-1976. This one is another hard to find Shulton Old Spice scent. It has the same Shulton Lime scent as the Fresh Lime, but a little stronger. This one I have was in a NOS packaging, that looked like it just came off the shelves. It even had the $4.95 price tag on it.

PB061304.JPG

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  7. DaltonGang

Thanks. I wanted to compare it with the Telescope one I just acquired.

8. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Amazing picture and find. Very hard to find. Congratulations!!!
    Are there 2 flags on the ship and an anchor?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    DaltonGang likes this.
  9. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Telescope Black Style Decanter Product ID #4354 1975-1976 Aftershave. The foremast and mizzenmast flags stand out straight and there are 2 of them. The ship also has a little anchor hanging from the bow.

OldSpiceTelescopeDecanter1975 1976.jpg

Tim Spencer, stanko, brit and 5 others like this.
  10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Pretty sure Avon started all the gimmicky bottle craziness, then Shulton got on board. So did Skin Bracer; they had a few wild ones (a life-sized hand, a workman with hardhat, etc).

11. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

You know one bottle I don't think Avon ever did but should have been an obvious choice?

A plain old TV set.

12. DaltonGang

Sorry it took so long, I got side tracked. Yes, The Lime Telescope I have, does have Two Straight Flags, and an Anchor.

13. DaltonGang

This just arrived today.
    Shulton Old Spice. Ships Lantern 6oz. This only cost $4 + $7 shipping.

PB101320.JPG

14. Paul Turner

I guess one would have to be quite careful pouring it out of that...same with the ship.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  15. Paul Turner

One advantage of this one to my Maxwell 23 Tribute car is that you can just set the ship on the sink whereas I've had to point the car in an upward direction.

16. Paul Turner

I didn't know Skin-Bracer was in on this. I'll bet Jack Palance bought a few fancy ones("Confidence is sexahhhh, don't you think"-from his TV ad).

Ijustmissedthe50s and gorgo2 like this.
  17. Paul Turner

Where would the A.S. come out from-the antennae?

gorgo2 likes this.
  18. RyX

RyX DoH!

I have noticed that the Avon automobiles have a flat front end. It lets them stand tall ways up for cabinet storage.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  19. Paul Turner

Probably the best way to do it then. A few times I've clumsily knocked off the top of the car by re-arranging other things on my sink. I don't put it in a cabinet, too little space for that.

Ijustmissedthe50s and RyX like this.
  20. RyX

RyX DoH!

A combined effect of my many ADs. ASAD keeps me well stocked with juice, no SWMBO to tell me to stop purchasing, and I shave in my kitchen where there's lots of cabinet space.