Unique Old Spice, and Avon Bottles/Decanters, And Finds

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by DaltonGang, Sep 29, 2017.

1. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

Even though I am not from that generation, and in fact I am younger than you. I own a bunch of shulton bottles and a bottle of the P&G. I can tell you, to my nose, they are very different.

2. Jake Gibson

Jake Gibson Well-Known Member

Thanks Myles I definitely have to get a bottle of the Shulton formula!

3. Jake Gibson

That's so cool and interesting that this one hasn't dried out

myles wilson likes this.
  4. myles wilson

check around ebay I have found some affordable prices on the aftershave. Shave soaps are a different story though.

brit and Jake Gibson like this.
  5. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

That was true, 8 or so years ago, but not anymore. I have tried and compared, a couple of different ones from India, the ones that had the same Shulton formula. I can tell you they smell exactly like the U.S. P&G Old Spice. P&G even had the India version changed. There are other makers who claim to have the same scent and formula, as Shulton had, not true. Order the real Shulton on Ebay, Etsy, or find it in the wild. BTW, look at the Collectibles Site I posted a link to. There are many different bottle shapes.

6. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I have found a few of the soaps, on ebay, and they were wrapped well, but time took their toll, they all lost most of the scent.

myles wilson and Jake Gibson like this.
  7. Jake Gibson

I spent some time on Ebay and it's looking pretty good that I can get a bottle of Shulton with out breaking the bank so I'm pretty excited, I'll be ordering one soon.

DaltonGang likes this.
  8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I take it the combo of Old Spice and Leather stinks?

9. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Just be patient when bidding.
    There’s several vintage bottles for sale every day.

Jake Gibson likes this.
  10. Jake Gibson

Definitely! I've gotten caught up in a few bidding wars and ended up paying way more for the item than it was worth. That sense of accomplishment and victory is very very short lived.

11. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Can't say. Originally, probably smelled pretty good. No way to tell from the bottles that I managed to get.

Paul Turner likes this.
  12. myles wilson

that sucks.

13. myles wilson

Nice!!!

Enrico likes this.
  14. myles wilson

As you an tell I have a HUGE shulton old spice addiction problem, Honestly I am going to feel bad for anyone that views my house that we are trying to sell when they see this, It almost looks like I'm some type of hoarder. I need to organize all this stuff. IMG_20200915_212428.jpg

15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I see no issues ..... You just appreciate the finer things in life.

:eatdrink047:

cliffb599 and myles wilson like this.
  16. myles wilson

Cheers to that!

17. myles wilson

Last post, I know this is an Avon/old spice thread, just thought I would post this one as well.
    Early 80s NOS Aqua Velva Ice blue. It's VERY close to the modern, HOWEVER, the vintage is slightly more sweeter and muskier but also more natural smelling. The modern has more menthol than the vintage. the modern also has a very nice vanilla base note which slightly reminds me of Stetson cologne. IMHO I personally prefer the modern over the vintage. Now don't get me wrong, the vintage is awesome. Scent projection, the modern will last longer on me compared to the vintage. IMG_20200915_221315.jpg

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  18. Jake Gibson

Thanks to another members post of a very old bottle of Aqua Velva I learned that it was once made by Williams which I thought was very cool. I had one of those "well I'll be darned" moments. I know Aqua Velva has always caught flack for being a "cheap" aftershave but I've always enjoyed it, in fact I just pulled out a bottle the other day and took it for a spin...

19. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

The info I want on Aqua Velva is, what year did it first become the after-shave it is today? I like it a lot, too. I've seen adjectives like "virile", "manly", "sophisticated". I would agree.

Jake Gibson and cliffb599 like this.
  20. myles wilson

Got lucky on that bottle, it is one of the Williams bottles. the seller wanted 30 bucks, its an 8 1/2 oz bottle so I had to jump on that steal.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020