Unique Old Spice, and Avon Bottles/Decanters, And Finds

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by DaltonGang, Sep 29, 2017.

1. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

Today I got a Vintage Old Spice & Vintage Stetson Aftershave.
    Don’t know if it constitutes as Unique.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

Tedolph, DaltonGang, Angelo85 and 6 others like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

cool score Cliff..:cool:

cliffb599 likes this.
  3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Really liking the Stetson bottle!

:happy088:

MacDaDad and cliffb599 like this.
  4. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

Thanks Guy’s

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  5. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Not unique, but a good find.:eatdrink047:

cliffb599 likes this.
  6. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Any Shulton Old Spice find is unique, to me. They don't make it anymore, and nothing else smells like it.

7. Timwcic

Timwcic Well-Known Member

A Old Spice pickup today, a Ship Lantern Decanter full of the good stuff. Looks like it’s been living in a bedroom closet since the 70’s

78B0ADAE-C55C-4EC4-8EB9-1374B53CEC6D.jpeg 86731A5F-1C2D-4AEC-B6DE-DE57B2061A06.jpeg 03E27C92-5EE3-4531-AF83-A094B74DA490.jpeg 2F99C335-6068-473F-8A71-0E532CDBF4D0.jpeg

8. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

MacDaDad likes this.
  9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

MacDaDad and myles wilson like this.
  10. Timwcic

Thank you gentlemen

myles wilson and Paul Turner like this.
  11. Timwcic

Been looking for one of these for a while. A full whales tooth that looks untouched since the 70’s. Usually i find them in disrepair or a stupid price and a walk away

F665014C-B61D-416D-BD91-02124918D8AF.jpeg 9DF5EEBC-8375-4F60-B65D-80171736653F.jpeg EFF3F2E7-B3D8-4B6A-A568-F15B00815DB1.jpeg D90ABF82-4DF7-4277-AAA2-1EFC5E9F61D4.jpeg 6AB0AE70-EA14-438D-B1D6-A1A4C06CCE57.jpeg A44BB0F3-939E-4348-8C17-BF88774CCED3.jpeg

12. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

Very nice! I’m not even successful at locating basic NOS bottles in my travels.

Ijustmissedthe50s and cliffb599 like this.
  13. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Great find Tim.
    There were six styles of Scrimshaw Decanters sold from 1974 to 1976 (Product ID 3835 or 3838). The bottles sported simulated scrimshaw depicting whaling or sailing imagery. Packaging was clear plastic with the decanter on a silver plastic base. Each decanter held 6 ounces of cologne. Some were sold in gift sets with a scrimshaw soap on a rope.

scrimall.jpg

14. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Very cool ..... I like the center bottom one best.

:eatdrink013:

15. Paul Turner

I wonder what business is now located where the original Old Spice was(Clifton, NJ).

16. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Probably a Walmart Super Center :(

:eatdrink013:

17. Paul Turner

A bookstore would be better.

Enrico likes this.
  18. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Unfortunately if kids don't need to learn cursive, very soon they won't need to know how to read.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  19. Timwcic

The Shulton factory on Colfax Avenue in Clifton, New Jersey was bulldozed twenty or so years ago. A copy/paste from of a new release with a update

AN industrial ghost town for the last decade, the 42-acre former Shulton Industries site in Clifton, where Old Spice cologne and Breck shampoo were once produced, is being resurrected as an upscale gated residential enclave. Earlier this month after three years of planning and negotiations, a North Jersey development company closed on its purchase of the parcel and started demolishing the huddle of buildings that have occupied the property since the 1940's. They will be replaced by 637 condominium apartments and town houses, 35 percent of them for people age 55 and over, contained in three neighborhoods carved from the site, which the city has rezoned for housing. The project, Cambridge Crossings, will also include a 5,000-square-foot clubhouse, a pool and a walking path along Weasel Brook, which bisects the property. Located at the intersection of Route 46 and Exit 154 of the Garden State Parkway, at Colfax Avenue, the site is one of the most visible reminders of the flight of industry from this 12-square-mile Passaic County city. Cambridge Crossings is being developed by Town and Country Developers at Clifton North Inc., of Woodcliff Lake, an affiliate of Whiteweld, Barrister & Brown, a Manhattan-based real estate investment firm. The project will cost more than $60 million, including the price of the land, and take two to three years to build, said Joseph L. DiBernardo, an executive vice president at Town and Country. Across New Jersey, vacant commercial buildings or their sites are being put to new uses as developers respond to the demand for residential and commercial space and the dwindling supply of land to develop. At the same time, towns are trying to ensure that the redevelopment does not overburden municipal services. Sites like the Shulton tract that are large and near highways and job centers -- Manhattan is 15 minutes away -- are prime candidates for reuse, particularly in almost fully developed northern New Jersey, said Peter D. Blanchard. He is senior vice president of the Garibaldi Group, the Chatham-based brokerage firm that marketed the Shulton site. The owner was American Home Products of Madison, a manufacturer of pharmaceuticals and medical equipment, which inherited the site as part of its acquisition of American Cyanamid in 1995.

20. Paul Turner

Thanks for the info......Old Spice didn't produce its deodorants there, eh?