Unscrupulous Ebay Sellers/Buyers

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by DaltonGang, Feb 16, 2019.

1. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I agree. But, in my example, the seller is not happy with the outcome of the sale, and reneged on the deal by using a Shill Buyer. That is a BIG NO-NO, in the EBAY Rules.
    If a seller feels he needs a certain amount for an item, then start out at that price, or put a reserve price on it. Period.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
    jgreenepa, Steve56 and Billyfergie like this.
  2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I agree 100%.

Karl G, jgreenepa and Billyfergie like this.
  3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Yep. Don't need Priority Mail as it would only take 3 days from PA anyway on First Class.

Karl G, jgreenepa and Billyfergie like this.
  4. DrStrange

DrStrange Well-Known Member

A funny thing about a reserve price, is that even if you're willing to pay that much,
    you can't do it unless other people take the bidding into that range.

In fact, if nobody else bids against you, then the opening price is as high as you can go.

Karl G likes this.
  5. DaltonGang

I always found that screwed up. I have seen many people avoid nice razors, that had a somewhat low reserve, just because they dont like bidding reserve. Later, when I ask the seller the reserve it was much lower than expected.

6. DaltonGang

Zykris, Karl G, jgreenepa and 2 others like this.
  7. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Karl G, jgreenepa and brit like this.
  8. neiasden

neiasden Member

what is a reground and how do you know it when you see it?

9. DaltonGang

I am referring to the length of the blade. Many old straight razors have been dropped, and the far end(toe end) cracks or chips. People either threw hem away, or shortened them(ground them down) past the damage.
    Also, a reground razor could be a wedge razor, turned into a hollow ground razor. Many times this isn't a bad thing, but it will detract from its originality. This will or can effect value.

10. neiasden

neiasden Member

thank you. put in a way I can understand it.
    UOTE="DaltonGang, post: 2052171, member: 17101"]I am referring to the length of the blade. Many old straight razors have been dropped, and the far end(toe end) cracks or chips. People either threw hem away, or shortened them(ground them down) past the damage.
    Also, a reground razor could be a wedge razor, turned into a hollow ground razor. Many times this isn't a bad thing, but it will detract from its originality. This will or can effect value.[/QUOTE]

11. neiasden

neiasden Member

I made this Facebook page to document my progress and use as a reference also anyone wanting to learn will find it useful because I went through all the crap videos. I actually watched one of gs6 gun several months ago before I knew him

UOTE="DaltonGang, post: 2052171, member: 17101"]I am referring to the length of the blade. Many old straight razors have been dropped, and the far end(toe end) cracks or chips. People either threw hem away, or shortened them(ground them down) past the damage.
    Also, a reground razor could be a wedge razor, turned into a hollow ground razor. Many times this isn't a bad thing, but it will detract from its originality. This will or can effect value.[/QUOTE]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2022