Unscrupulous Seller Maybe?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by montieg, Apr 25, 2018.

1. montieg

montieg Well-Known Member

No. Only thing is Pre-Shipment on the web.

2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

3. riffin

riffin Active Member

I just got a package via FedEx SmartPost that had a weird tracking history. I know SmartPost uses USPS for the last mile. I'm not sure if USPS is involved before that. I think the delay between creating the label and the first scan at a station is in part due to delaying either/both the scan and tracking updating.

My issue came after it had left for the final station, the PO in my town. The previous station is 1.5 hr drive from my town. I got an update saying it had left that station and was in transit to the destination. I thought it would be here a day early. 24 hrs later, no update; 36 hrs, nothing; 48 hrs, still waiting. Finally, 52 hrs after it "left", it arrived at my PO. It was delivered exactly on the estimated date of arrival, so I had no complaint. But I was (am) very curious what it was doing for those extra 50 hrs.

I did chat online with CS, but there was nothing they could tell me. The best explanation I could come up, void any actual facts mind you, is that they load all packages of certain classes, going to the same city into some kind of container, and then it sits. It could be that they are waiting for a truck that isn't needed for higher priority packages, or the delay is make the ETA more accurate.

Anyway, I think you're good. You can call their CS and ask about the status. They may have access to more detailed data that they don't put in their consumer tracking.

- Tere

Paul76, RyX and montieg like this.
  4. montieg

Thanks. USPS finally logged the item almost 4 days from when they received it. I have been speaking to the seller just out of pure humor in the situation.
    It went from Salt Lake City, to a distribution center there. 2 separate facilities until it got to San Francisco; another facility and it's back in Salt Like City where it left to another USPS facility in Salt Lake City and followed by another post office there where it has been since April 30. 10 days to go nowhere.
    FML

brit, Frijolero, Paul76 and 3 others like this.
  5. RyX

RyX DoH!

I've seen this happen. If I mail a post card to my next door neighbor it has to travel 60 miles east to be "sorted" before it comes back. I've watched packages through tracking go back and forth through different locations. One time I was able to talk to a PO employee who pulled a 10 pound box of Soap Pass Around out of the back and forth shuffle. It was easy to spot - smelled like a Laundry Room Explosion.

6. montieg

As long as it gets to me I'm fine with the delay. I have other razors. It's frustrating but in the big picture not that bad.

Paul76 and RyX like this.
  7. Bama Samurai

I dunno.... Were I to plot a scam... I might be tempted to shoot a bit higher than razor price point.

Never steal anything small.

Glad you found your seller was honest.

RyX, Frijolero, Paul76 and 3 others like this.
  8. montieg

I don't think he was trying to scam me. I have a better understanding of USPS then I did when I started this post.

RyX and Bama Samurai like this.
  9. Bama Samurai

Indeed, with the USPS, acceptance is more attainable than understanding.

RyX, Paul76 and montieg like this.
  10. montieg

It's really pretty crazy the route that this razor is taking. I hope it gets here before winter.

RyX likes this.
  11. kfbrady

kfbrady Well-Known Member

And in Winnipeg that would be...mid-August? ;)

brit, RyX and montieg like this.
  12. montieg

Well as it stands right now, it still feels like winter so we should be conservative and say September lol

13. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    17track app often has more detail than the average shipping sites...USPS, FedEx, UPS, etc.

I've noticed that stuff mailed in my hometown, gets sent to Portland OR, for sorting and processing, and then sent back to my home town. It can take 3 or 4 days to send a letter to a neighbor.

14. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

If government were put in charge of managing a desert, within a year there would be a shortage of sand.

- Thomas Sowell, I think

15. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

For all wetshaving gear purchased online, the expected delivery date is two days before it was ordered. ;)

16. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

I’ve had that happen on many items. I still have some from on the bay that have been delivered that still say in transit. Had to call cust service to let them know I received it and to release payment on a few that were new sellers.

RyX likes this.
  17. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

I had a seller refuse to ship a razor I won the bid on, due to him thinking it should have sold for more. I agree it should have went for more but that will happen if you don’t list it right.

RyX and montieg like this.
  18. montieg

Does 17track have a web based feature too?

RyX likes this.
  19. Bama Samurai

Far more exception than rule, imho.

PickledNorthern, Frijolero and Paul76 like this.
  20. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Yeah, but that's you. It's a mistake to try to rationalize what thieves will or will not do. You don't think like they do.

Paul76 likes this.