Unscrupulous Seller Maybe?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by montieg, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

If not sooner.

Two years as a mod. Total number of razor scam issues that I know about:

It's rare.

Shaver X, RyX and montieg like this.
  2. montieg

montieg Well-Known Member

I definitely believe the guy I am worried that it may never get here.

3. RyX

RyX DoH!

Same info as UPS on a current package in transit, and Yes!
    This app/web page tells me

"A late UPS trailer arrival has caused a delay. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible."

Web based functions HERE.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  4. montieg

I downloaded the app. It told me the same as the web lol.

RyX likes this.
  5. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

If you call the post office they can generally tell you better info on its whereabouts, the tracking on the site is hit or miss fairly often. Orders for here seem to go fairly quick since Stl is a hub for USPS and ups. And I live about 45 miles from there.

Yehuda D likes this.
  6. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I shipped an item to a gentleman in Indiana; in one day it made it to Indianapolis from my house, then is fell in to a blackhole of Indiana and was stuck for about a week. I felt bad for the buyer, but USPS is nearly useless. Fortunately I receive positive feedback.

Yehuda D and Linuxguile like this.
  7. montieg

So I wait on hold for an hour and a half and finally get to speak to someone at USPS.
    The razor was returned to sender. He apparently had a padded-flat rate only and didn't have enough postage. So I have to wait for it to be delivered back to him and go from there.

Yehuda D, Enrico and Primotenore like this.
  8. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    That may be frustrating, but I call it good news.

Yehuda D, RyX and montieg like this.
  9. montieg

I hope so. It's not delivered back yet so I will wait. Lol

Yehuda D likes this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

very much like canada post. i could have walked to pick up parcel ,shipping address 10 miles away.it went from vancouver to alberta and back.

Yehuda D, Enrico and montieg like this.
  11. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

Well at least you know more now. But an hour and a half, seriously it took that long on hold. And they wonder why so many people complain.

Yehuda D, RyX and montieg like this.
  12. montieg

I gave up earlier in the week after over an hour.
    It still shows that it didn't make it back to the seller.
    Starting to get the feeling I'm never getting my Blackbird.

Yehuda D likes this.
  13. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

One of the worst I ever saw is the South Africa Post Office. (SAPO) I sent a package there once and it took over a month and my friend had to go and pick it up at his local office. From now on when I send anything there I'll use DHl.

montieg likes this.
  14. montieg

The problem is, it costs so much to do that which means more for everything.

Yehuda D likes this.
  15. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

True, but the end justifies the means. A week at the longest as opposed to a month or longer. :)

montieg likes this.
  16. montieg

Yup stay positive. Lol

Yehuda D likes this.
  17. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Those are nice razors. I like mine.

montieg likes this.
  18. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Bummer. But, it should iron out, in the long run.

19. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Only three days? Patience young grasshopper. ;) Maybe give it two or three weeks and not worry about it. If it still has not arrived, then submit a search request on this web page: https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm.

You're worried after only three days? I usually give it weeks rather than days. Stuff happens.

Sometimes shipments are slow in arriving. I sent a parcel from California to Canada once, and the tracking showed that it had been routed via Arkansas. When the package had not moved from Arkansas after 10 days, I contacted the USPS at the above website and had them search for the package. They said that it had never arrived in Arkansas, and that the tracking information was wrong. They finally located the package after two months, in Timbuktu or some other obscure place, and forwarded it to the recipient.

You might also want to check with your local Post Office. My first wetshaving order ever was shown as arrived, but could not be located. Four months later, I got a notice from the Post Office to pick up my package. Apparently, it had arrived on time, but then simply been lost in the shuffle.

In case it helps in the future, here are two things I have found useful:
    • Always have packages shipped with tracking enabled
    • Always insure packages unless of relatively low value
    When those two things are done, packages are a lot less likely to get lost or stolen than would otherwise be the case.

20. montieg

I was initially worried after 3 days because the seller said it was shipped and it still said it hasn't been received.
    I was not familiar with USPS however I have a much better idea about it now.
    I'm in Canada which is what causes some of the issues. International mail is always a challenge. Even bigger challenge if the sender doesn't put enough postage or labeled it incorrect.
    I wasn't the shipper so I had no say on tracking or insurance.