Unscrupulous Seller Maybe?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by montieg, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

You can always ask the seller to add tracking and insurance. It shouldn't add much, if anything, to the shipping cost. Depending on the carrier, sometimes that is provided automatically. It is not only the USPS, issues with improperly routed, delayed or lost packages can happen with any carrier. I used to ship lots of packages to the US and worldwide at work, and company shipments can have the same problems as those for individuals. I know, I know, it is really annoying when you order something special, and then the highly anticipated package does not arrive ASAP and then gets further delayed.

Hope it all works out well for you in the end!

montieg likes this.
  2. montieg

montieg Well-Known Member

Thanks man. I'm remaining optimistic. After an hour and a half on the phone with USPS they said it's going back to sender. Hopefully he sends it rush to get to me.

3. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

I've been using 17Track after you suggested it and, so far, it's been okay for the most part.

But, I've run across something about it, just a bit ago, that I'm trying to figure out and was wondering if you've had any experience with this. I've got an order coming from Amazon that's being shipped via Amazon's own delivery vehicle. 17Track app doesn't recognize, apparently, Amazon as a carrier. Have you found a way to "add" a carrier in an instance like this?

4. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    No. Sorry.

S Barnhardt likes this.
  5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Unfortunately I now lump Amazon into the group of "Bad Sellers'". They believe EVERTHING can and should be shipped in a bubble pack. I paid $160 for a new Kindle Paperwhite and they shipped it in a bubble pack that was just tossed at our front door. :angry019:

:signs089:

DaltonGang, S Barnhardt and brit like this.
  6. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I am lucky if Amazon even wraps in bubble wrap. Usually there is a strip of bubble wrap just tossed in a huge box, with a small item purchased

Hembree and brit like this.
  7. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

I've had good luck with the USPS but out of hundreds of deliveries once and a while I've had a package fall thru the cracks. As indicated above I've had one delivered in a "pre-shipment' status, one delivered 2 months after I filed a lost package notice and one lost forever. Be patient (not easy for us shavers I know).

brit likes this.
  8. S Barnhardt

I realize this might be straying "off topic" a bit, but not too much, if any.

I'm in an area where I'm beginning to get deliveries, especially 1 day ones, where it comes in/by an Amazon branded delivery service. To be perfectly honest, I'm not impressed. While I've not had a lot of deliveries, so far, that way, I am seeing problems of the type I've never had with the others so much. Late in the evening deliveries and now one where they say I "refused" to accept delivery and cancelled the shipment.

So, in an effort to ascertain if this is just growing pains for Amazon, or if this is a widespread issue of poor service from them, I ask if any of you folks have experience with Amazon branded delivery and, if so, what was your experience with it?

:thanks:

brit and preidy like this.
  9. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

I've had about 10 successful deliveries to my house so far. But let me tell you they are every where - 7 days a week. I generally see UPS and Fedx 2 or 3 times a day in my sub-division. But "Prime"(many different vans) run up and down the street with reckless abandon. My daughter orders stuff yesterday and it's here today. It looks like bedlam but it's really organized chaos. It's amazing!

brit and S Barnhardt like this.
  10. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

The USPO makes lots of mistakes on even Priority mail, signature required shipments. I recently had an expensive item that I sold and shipped Priority, signature required, that got delivered and was not scanned when delivered and is still not marked delivered or signature received, etc., to this day several weeks later. No signature required and apparently no scanning took place, though I paid for this service. On inquiry, the Buyer kindly let me know the item was delivered in good condition. That seemed to be lucky? Most of the time the post office hasn't got a clue what their delivery workers are doing or should be doing?!

S Barnhardt likes this.
  11. S Barnhardt

Well Amazon delivery has messed up 2 of my deliveries in a span of roughly 10 days. The last one, they delivered it to the wrong address, a semi-commercial entity, where it sat all day. Their tracking, after a point in the day, shows a GPS track of where it is. This wrong address was in the right block range, but one street over. They picked it up, took it all the way back to the terminal and put it on yet another truck the next day to bring it to me on the next street. Go figure!

@oldjoe I agree with you on the USPS. About a year ago, I sent some important paperwork to a place in NY only to have it not show up, by the track information. Went by my local PO where I was told "they didn't know" where it was. Tried to file a lost complaint only to be told they didn't consider it lost until it had not been delivered for 30 days minimum. It never did show up on the USPS tracking page, but found out later on it had been at the destination all along. The PO just forgot to scan it as delivered. Then again, the recipient coudn't find it initially either while it had been there all along. Good case of "Dumb & Dumber"