US East Coast Bunny Pass Around

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Karl G, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

3. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

[​IMG] The Shaving Angle of Toms V2 Injector Compared to a Typical Schick Injector..:)
    [​IMG]
    Great write up Karl..The Bunny does feel like the size of a Personna Executive on the Face..Most folks are used to Schicks & the Bunny aint No Schick that's for sure..I also found the same with the Twin Blades..Interesting we are finding the same things ..I reckon that you will find that the Chinese Chick blades are the Optimal Blade for the Bunny..Interesting to here you on that One.. As @Karl G said the Handle needs to be as demonstrated above..This is the Proper Angle ...You can see its different from the Typical Schick Injector above as well.. Happy Bunny Shaving..:p

Billy..:chores016:

BeShaved, Herm2502, Redfisher and 7 others like this.
  4. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

A really fantastic write-up!

5. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

I hear you. I was literally sitting on my porch steps waiting for the mailman to arrive when I saw it was out for delivery... No kidding. :)

6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

That's one of those "funny AND sad" moments isn't it? :D

7. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried NOS Schick single blades with the Bunny? Are the Chick's better somehow?

8. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Another excellent review, Karl! Each review makes me more curious for the Bunny! I hope to get it in the mail tomorrow!

I just got a batch of 40 Dutch NOS Schick blades in the mail. Cost me less than $ 20.00 (P&P included). :happy108:
    On the other hand, I haven't got any Chicks :(

9. riverrun

riverrun Well-Known Member

Royal Mail in the UK so far deny the existence of bunnies
    I hope yours really will arrive tomorrow, Mike. Luckily I received a pass around Alumigoose today to keep my mind off the Bunny. :D

BeShaved, Jayaruh, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  10. Billyfergie

Yes..I have done the NOS blades in the Bunny..I reckon the Chick blade is the optimal blade though..:p

BeShaved, Jayaruh, AGHisBBS and 4 others like this.
  11. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I have some Dutch blades in an unopened razor package but the chicks are my favorite and do the business nicely in all my injector razors and especially the repeating razors. Since I'm testing the razor and not the blade I'm going to go with my chicks on this trial. Totally psyched about getting the opportunity to try Toms masterpiece! :happy069:

BeShaved, AGHisBBS, Karl G and 2 others like this.
  12. Billyfergie

These NOS blades Blow away the Chick blades in most Injectors..The Bunny like the PAL Injectomatic just happens to excel with the Chick blades for whatever reason that is.:)

BeShaved, Jayaruh, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  13. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Word!

14. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Shave report number three:
    I was going to shave tomorrow but it's an early and busy morning tomorrow and I had 32 hours of beard ready. So, why not just shave tonight? Plus, I can probably squeeze in one more shave this way before sending the Bunny on her way to @Redfisher next week. :happy088:

Here's the highlights: I moved up to the Notso comb and kept the Personna II blade. This was my best shave yet with the Bunny. I paid more attention to keeping the handle and head to be consistently perpendicular throughout the shave. I also worked to keep my grip lower on the handle where the thinnest part of the grip is. I usually grip pretty high on my razors so this required some effort on my part. No question that keeping that closer-to-perpendicular angle has a big impact on shave quality. As to the lower grip, perhaps, but I think I'll go back to using whatever feels right at the time.

The reduction after the first pass was remarkable and you can imagine that the second pass would have been more than good enough with some wet touch ups but I went for broke with a third pass - no surprise. Everything went swimmingly with the exception of the upper lip. For some reason, the ATG pass on my upper lip has been a challenge with each shave. The blade was tugging here and I had to take very short strokes. My best guess is the angle was probably too steep and I'm not judging it properly when holding the razor upside down. I'm going to make that my focus and experiment with technique in this area in my upcoming shave on Friday. :git:

Bottom line: Best shave yet and a shave that is every bit as close and smooth as I get on a good day with my PAL Injecto Matic. :happy036:

T&H Ultimate Comfort PSO
    Castle Forbes Lavender Shaving Cream
    T&H Wellington Super Badger
    Bunny B-V3 with Notso comb
    Personna II (2)
    T&H Classic After Shave Balm

Bunny B-V3 with TH CF TH kit.JPG

Happy shaving - Karl

BeShaved, Jayaruh, targa88 and 7 others like this.
  15. Billyfergie

:happy036:Great Report Karl..Yeah..The Bunny is up there with the Best of them for Sure..:happy108:

BeShaved, AGHisBBS, Karl G and 2 others like this.
  16. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Great review again, Karl! Thank you!

For now I'll have to take your word for it, but I'm sure you don't mind if I check it for myself as well! ;)

BeShaved, Billyfergie, twhite and 2 others like this.
  17. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

I believe you in full, however I'm still gonna try an Eversharp when I get the Bunny pass around. Those blades are so good in every injector I put them in, I just got to experiment, and I guess that's part of the point.

18. Billyfergie

I wish you Luck cause those Eversharp blades ..I woudnt use them at All..I have tried them..:D

19. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Shave report number 4:
    Yup, another great shave with the Bunny. :happy036: Today was with the same Personna II blade but with the Wild comb.

I had about 37 hours (but who's counting) of beard ready to work with and the Wild didn't feel particularly aggressive or rough. In fact, the first pass reduction was really good but not appreciably different from what I remembered with the other combs. However, once again, by the end of the second pass, there wasn't much left. Of course, I went for the third pass (vs. touch-ups) anyhow. But this time I did something different. I decided to try switching out the comb and stepped things down to the Mild comb. :cool:

I'm glad I did this for a couple of reasons. First, it was all that was needed to work with what was left and it kept me from over-doing it. I ended up with a fantastically close and smooth shave with no drama. Second, I got to see how easy or challenging it is to switch combs mid-shave. It turns out it is very easy and quick. The knurled screw works great for getting traction with a wet thumb and fingers. :happy088:

My headline observation again is that keeping the handle angle is the key to getting the best shave from the Bunny. One thing I noticed is that audible feedback is available with the optimal angle but you are probably getting beyond it if the feedback is too much.

My Schick blades arrived yesterday so I plan to squeeze in three more shaves using each of the combs with the Schick blade combo. And that is the kicker, these great shaves I've been getting haven't even been with the Schick blade - which @Billyfergie found to be an optimal combo. I can only imagine the face-rubbing goodness I have to look forward to. :D

T&H Ultimate Comfort PSO
    Castle Forbes Lavender Shaving Cream
    T&H Wellington Super Badger
    Bunny B-V3
    Personna II (3) Wild 2 passes/Mild 1 pass
    T&H Classic After Shave Balm

Bunny B-V3 with TH CF TH kit.JPG

Happy shaving - Karl

BeShaved, Roderick, macaronus and 7 others like this.
  20. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Karl

Great writeup. Yes I find the Chick blades perform the best for me YMMV. The twins work good too. If I had to use only 1 blade it would be the Chick.

Tom

BeShaved, Redfisher, AGHisBBS and 4 others like this.