USA Bunny Encore Pass Around - Closed

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Karl G, Oct 18, 2016.

1. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Sorry Guys I took a day of from the Bunny, But She will be back tomorrow!!:)

Karl G and Robyflexx like this.
  2. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Well it's day four with the Bunny and not much has changed , I'm still getting dolphin skin smooth shaves no matter what soap or cream I use.Thank you again to @twhite & @Karl G for making this pass around possible!!!:happy088: DSCF0855.JPG

AGHisBBS, Karl G, RyX and 2 others like this.
  3. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Day five with the Bunny and I'm still getting great shaves, It's a great design in My opinion but of course YMMV!:) DSCF0858.JPG

Karl G, AGHisBBS, RyX and 2 others like this.
  4. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Great to see what fun you're having with the Bunny. It's a great razor design. I'm having fun 'watching' your success.

HERM

ilts, RyX, twhite and 1 other person like this.
  5. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Thanks Herm I'm Having a good time with the Bunny and getting great shaves to boot,it is a great design!

RyX, twhite, Herm2502 and 1 other person like this.
  6. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Day six with the the Bunny I'm still getting BBS results,It's gonna be tough to box her up and send her on to @Jim99 but its got to be done!(must resist the urge to run away with her!!)LOL:)

Anyway here's the day six picture.:) DSCF0864.JPG

AGHisBBS, Karl G, RyX and 2 others like this.
  7. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Day seven and my last day with the Bunny, My final thoughts , For Me this design is perfect I wouldn't change a thing it's very user friendly from changing the combs to loading a blade and keeping it clean,the angle you shave with is very easy to find ,I got seven great shaves,no irritation,no cuts or nicks! My hat is off to @twhite for an awesome design,And thank you to @Karl G for coordinating this great pass around again. Providing I don't get stuck at work the Bunny should be on its way to @Jim99 tomorrow afternoon :happy088: And always remember and never forget YMMV!!:) Now where is that Pal Adjustable at???:D DSCF0867.JPG HAVE A GREAT DAY!!

AGHisBBS, RyX, twhite and 2 others like this.
  8. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Great stuff @ilts. From what I remember the Bunny was the smoothest SE razor I've ever tried. I didn't try WILD, but now I may have to.

HERM

Karl G, twhite and ilts like this.
  9. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

It is the smoothest no doubt!, you should try the WILD comb its not as scary as it sounds!:happy088: Thanks for the compliment, Steve

10. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Reminder - this list is open to any CONUS participant - east or west coast, north, south, or middle. :happy088:

The bunny is hopping along - below is the latest and greatest list...

1. Redfisher
    2. ilts

3. Jim99 (Waiting on the Bunny)
    4. Herm2502
    5. wmbjr

Step right up and get onboard :transport022:

Herm2502, AGHisBBS, ilts and 3 others like this.
  11. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

The bunny has found its way to New Jersey!

I came home and my wife said "let me guess... another razor!" I told her it's not just any razor. No sir! It's the bunny! Yeah, she thinks I'm nuts.

No pictures tonight, but I'll try it out tomorrow morning. However, my fir impression is this is one well built bunny!

AGHisBBS, Karl G, richgem and 3 others like this.
  12. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

I'm glad the Bunny made it to you safe and sound,Enjoy your time with her!

Herm2502, Karl G, Jim99 and 2 others like this.
  13. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Thanks @ilts . Steve, the bunny arrived in style, with our mailman bringing it right up to the front door.

I used the bunny this morning and got a wonderful shave! After looking at the three combs (mild, wild and not so), I went against what might be conventional wisdom and used the "notso".

First impression is that this razor is over the top! Engineering is fantastic, with everything being of a fine precision and well built. This razor would last a lifetime or two! The head is big! I was a bit intimidated at first, but got over that in the first pass. The handle provides a good grip. At first, I thought it would weigh more. The razor is no lightweight, but it is not heavy. I'll guess and say it's in the neighborhood of 3 ounces/70 grams. I'll weigh it tonight. It's also a very nice looking razor, with contrasting copper and machined aluminum.

Finding the proper angle was not intuitive for me at first. I had it, then lost it and then had it again. Concentration helps here. With the big head, I couldn't shave around my nose. Then I thought I would handle it like my Gem razors and I was able to shave around my nose just fine.

I used a modern Personna blade, along with Stirling bay rum soap (thanks @ezlovan ) and just love the scent and slickness. I topped it off with some Aqua Velva musk. A total of two passes got me two nicks, but also a fine BBS shave all around.

I know it's just one shave, but this is a great razor!

@twhite , thanks. Now can I keep it?

IMG_1950.JPG

Herm2502, PLAla, ilts and 4 others like this.
  14. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

I know it's just one shave, but this is a great razor! ...Now can I keep it?
    Bunny love... :love055: It happens to us all. :happy102:

ilts, RyX, twhite and 1 other person like this.
  15. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Day 2 with the bunny and it was another BBS shave! I'm still getting used to finding the correct angle, but I'm really liking this razor!

It was easier today to find the angle and it was easier to get around the nose. I got one weeper, but no big deal. This razor has a nice feel. I might try the "wild" comb tomorrow.
    IMG_1954.JPG

RyX, ilts, Karl G and 2 others like this.
  16. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

It really helped me to think "copper against the skin" when I used the Bunny. That instantly improved my shaves. The handle was pretty high - almost perpendicular to my face.

RyX, ilts, twhite and 1 other person like this.
  17. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

That's right Perry. Perpendicular best describes the angle. If the angle isn't spot on, you're not going anywhere with this razor. It's not hard to find, but does take a shave or two to get the hang of it. It's a very cool razor!

RyX, ilts, Karl G and 2 others like this.
  18. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Try placing the top of the curve of the spring against your face and then slowly lower the handle until the guard makes contact. That's it. :happy088:

RyX, ilts, Jim99 and 1 other person like this.
  19. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Thanks. I'll give that a try.

Karl G likes this.
  20. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Hump? What hump?

[​IMG]

AGHisBBS, RyX, Herm2502 and 3 others like this.