Using Proraso pre/post cream

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Skijumper, Aug 8, 2011.

1. FortWayneShaver

FortWayneShaver There's a tear in my beer

I use the green. Never used the white, though I have heard great things about it. Maybe it's just me, but I do really enjoy the aftershave aspect of it. I use it on both sides, by the way, as a pre- and post-shave.

2. Jason Plonka

Jason Plonka New Member

Hello, I received the proraso eucalyptus and menthol shave soap and pre-shave cream in the mail a couple of days ago. I like the pre-shave and the shaving cream a lot! Very cooling. I'm not sure how I feel about it as a post shave. My glass jar is labeled pre-shave, not pre/post like it was advertised when I bought it. Was I sent the wrong one?

3. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

4. AndrewLyons4

AndrewLyons4 New Member

I'm noticed the white residue too! To be honest I haven't tried it without the Alum block yet but I've tried using a little less/little more and I still only get it during the POST SHAVE routine. It's gotta be the Alum block...but to be honest the alum block is kind of a lifesaver if your still new to shaving...let me know if you find anything about it..whether the face needs to be dry or super wet???

5. srpavko

srpavko Fastrak Super Duty Hustler

I finally gave in and ordered a tub of the Green. Will be here Friday. I've wanted to try this product ever since I began this endeavor into WS, looked at the Amazon page so many times and just couldn't make myself pull the plug on a "pre shave", I guess I'm not a believer, but I want this stuff to change my mind, I mean, more menthol can't ever be a bad thing right?

6. DKS2375

DKS2375 New Member

I love the green as both a pre and post shave cream. However, you only need to use a very small amount for each. I apply to a damp face for pre-shave. I apply the post-shave cream after I have used the green Proraso aftershave.

7. Taipan

Taipan Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that the pre/post should be applied with the brush. Is that the recommended way? I really like the white Proraso as a pre, but find it way too greasy as a post. I like Nivea much more.

8. Grick

Grick Active Member

I apply it with my fingertips and use a tiny amount and it works great.

9. AndrewLyons4

AndrewLyons4 New Member

talk with geofatboy from shavenation.com....he said to try it without the alum or if you cut yourself use the alum just on that one spot..and sure and shit...it worked...it's the Alum block that is making the flakes or white stuff with the proraso pre/post shave cream...works very well without the Alum block!!!!!!

10. Grick

Grick Active Member

Haven't you ever noticed the white spots once the alum dries up? That's why I would never use it on the entire face. I don't know how people can walk around with alum all over their cheeks.

11. Peter Allen

Peter Allen Member

If its any help, I use this proraso product, but I have only used it as a pre-shave, I use proraso after shave balm, I also use alum block but I always have a cold water rinse before the after shave balm.
    Hope this might be of some help.

12. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I've used both Proraso pre-post and Jack Black pre-shaves and really don't find them any better than Corn Huskers Lotion as a pre-shave, just "ALOT" more expensive. After my shave I use Nivea sensitive post-shave balm(although I don't see any difference in it over the regular),followed by the aftershave(splash) choice of the day...:) This is capped off by a "VERY" light dusting of baby powder to absorb moisture and make my face feel smooth,dry and wonderful.....:)