Vacations You've Recently Taken.

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by DaltonGang, Jul 29, 2018.

1. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I just got back today, from Santa Rosa Beach(Seaside), Florida. I've never been there before, and it's a beautiful place to see. The water was clear, past 10 feet, and the sand was white. It was a little warm, outside, but the water was just right. We were in a Condo, overlooking the ocean, for 8 days. The towns up and down 30A were beautiful, clean, and everyone was very friendly, even the tourists. Great food, drinks, and plenty of fun in the sun. I took my 20 yr old, my 12 yr old, my wife, and drove straight there the first day. We split it up, coming back. We decided to drive to Destin(Crowded, very crowded), then to Panama City Beach(Trashy, and rundown looking).
    Everyone had a great time basking in the sun, within reason, swimming, snorkling, and boogie boarding. We just got sick of sand in everything. I now look like I've had a tanning contest with George Hamilton.

AGHisBBS, RyX, mrchick and 7 others like this.
  2. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I'm glad you had a great time. IMO, the Florida panhandle has the most beautiful beaches in the world. October is a great time to visit. The weather is just about perfect then. We like Pensacola Beach. It's not as crowded and touristy as Destin or Panama City. If you go back, check out Peg Leg Pete's for some fantastic seafood and the Naval Air Station Museum if you're into military aircraft history.

AGHisBBS, mrchick, Keithmax and 2 others like this.
  3. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

STL and KY.

The razor crew for two days, and a week at a friend's house in the country.

Costa Rica is coming up again this fall. Steel my bones for the winter.

The redneck riveria. Some of the nicest coastline in the country. Totally concur.

AGHisBBS, mrchick, Keithmax and 4 others like this.
  4. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I've been to the Gulf Coast many, many times. In fact I visited three times this summer, to Perdido Key, Florida, Orange Beach, Alabama, and Destin.

My wife and I honeymooned at Seaside, Florida on 30A. We've been back several times. Beautiful beaches and water. You can't go wrong with a trip to the Florida panhandle if you're looking for nice beaches.

AGHisBBS, mrchick, Keithmax and 3 others like this.
  5. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

We spent last Christmas and new year's at my maw in law's house in Honduras. We did make it up to Omoa on the northern coast to dip our toes in the Caribbean sea. There's even an old Spanish fortress up there, but I didn't get to see it. Next time for sure.

AGHisBBS, mrchick, Keithmax and 2 others like this.
  6. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

St L and LV, got to hang out with some of my TSD buddies then I went to throw some bones.

In August I will visit my brother in Durham England and we will likely also head up to Edinburgh. I need to escape is terrible heat I can’t wait to go.

:transport015:

7. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I've not been to England, nor Scotland. They are on my list.
    I have an opportunity to go to Greece, for a week, next year, but I don't know if I will be able to take off, during that time. Looks like it will be an all girls vacation to Greece. Mother-in-Law, wife, her sister, and my daughter. It's probably going to be too much estrogen on that trip anyway. Chick Trip, and a bunch of Mama Mia songs.

8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

As a retiree, vacations are redundant for me. But if you are referring to trips I have taken, my last one was to Lancaster, PA, last month. A little archery, a little shopping (mostly for local and very yummy foods.)

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  9. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

You could randomly schedule three day weekends, filled with heavy manual labor. Breaks up the monotonous routine.

10. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Went to San Francisco last month and just got back from Seattle
    3BFDF8D1-5E08-4371-8BCA-D9179D6F723A.jpeg C2E854D9-5D18-46E1-A467-B0BBAE2BAA39.jpeg 35C0EC91-C0F5-40F2-9762-AF06101F25E1.jpeg

11. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

My Bride and I have been fortunate to travel to Israel (with a group from our church), Italy (a Rick Steves Tour), the Great Smoky Mountains & Asheville, NC, and St. Louis (TSD meet up) this year. We have trips planned to Amish country in northern Ohio and the Florida Panhandle Gulf Coast before year-end.

We are big fans of staying at B&B's, and we have a short list of favorites:

Blue Mountain Mist Country Inn
    Charm Countryview Inn
    Gideon Ridge Inn
    Sourwood Inn
    Primrose Inn

@Bama Samurai - I will visit both the Redneck Riviera and the Italian Riviera this year. ;)

Life is good! :)