Van Der Hagen Set 50% Off at Target

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by gzp, Dec 27, 2013.

1. gzp

gzp Well-Known Member

I was in Target today and came across a Van der Hagen shave set in the Christmas clearance section, only $10. It's similar to the "Luxury" shave set they had last year but with a boar brush, not badger. It's got the apothecary mug, brush, acrylic brush/razor stand and soap.

2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

That's a super bargain.

3. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

Watch your cards!!!!

Bristle Me and GDCarrington like this.
  4. joshkamradt

joshkamradt Member

Thats really cool and a great deal

5. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Hi "joshkamradt" I see your a new member, you should go to the "newbie" forum and introduce yourself..I'm sure everyone would enjoy meeting you..

6. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

The mug is worth that.
    I bought a set with the badger brush (seriously fine brush too) a while ago. I dropped the mug about a week after I got it and shattered it into a million pieces.
    The only reason I bought it was for the mug.
    I still use the brush from time to time and the brush/razor stand every day

joshkamradt likes this.
  7. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

I wanted it for the mug too :p what kind of soap is it though? I don't care much for the brush, but it would do for a spare. I reallllly am curious about the soap. O.O also... the stand doesn't work for my razor -.-

8. Nolan1982

Nolan1982 Member

I cleaned house at walmart. I guesss they are trying to get rid of their VH pucks. 1.00 a piece

9. Dapper-in-a-can-man

10. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

The puck in my set was unscented, didnt care for it and gave it away. It says unscrnted but still has a medecine smell. I am the original fan of the VDH scented puck, love that stuff.
    Wal mart in my area has phased it out which I dont understand because every time I pick up a puck you can tell by the way I have to reach all the way in to get one, the line was at one time all the way to the edge (you know how they pull everything up on the shelf) so I know its selling.

I guess now Im gonna have to pay over $2.00 at Walgreens as opposed to $1.58 at Wally World

burnout961 likes this.
  11. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Unscented does not mean it doesn't smell, just that there are no added scents (perfume).

Man those are killer prices! And then locally available. Envy much! :)

12. Dapper-in-a-can-man

That's misleading o.O

13. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I got a set about a year ago. I like the mug and the soap, and the stand is very substantial. I use them all, but I got rid of the badger brush. It shed like crazy and was floppy. It is a good starter kit though.

14. gzp

gzp Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, the brush ends up being a bit disappointing. Initially a little stiff, after the first couple uses it was quite good but with a hair or two shed at each use. It lathered well and I enjoyed using it. I've been using it probably once a week but unfortunately the shedding has now escalated, a couple "wads" came loose last time I used it. A good brush while it lasted. Still a very good deal for the price I paid.

15. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

I have this set also, came with a badger. It's a great set and the only stand that I have seen that will hold both the brush and razor.

16. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I have that same starter set. It's a great set. :shaver:happy088: Be careful with the Brush and Razor stand. It breaks very easy, I know don't ask.:angry019: