Veteran Salute

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by preidy, Nov 10, 2017.

1. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

In your honor today's shave is with a 1918 Bull Dog from U.S. Military Set

IMG_1402.JPG

2. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Thank you to all of our veterans. Thank you for your service.
    :thanks:

Ijustmissedthe50s, sdguero and gorgo2 like this.
  3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Wearing my USN hat now, taking the family to Golden Corral on Monday for the yearly free dinner.

Ijustmissedthe50s and sdguero like this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Going to Denny's this morning for the free Grand Slam, O'Charley's tomorrow for the free $9.99er, and if I can get in, Golden Corral on Monday.
    A big thanks of appreciation to all who are serving or who have served.

Ijustmissedthe50s and sdguero like this.
  5. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I also offer my thanks to all who have served!

6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Veterans Day Shave
    [​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    Musgo Real
    Jayaruh #220
    Russian Rocket Raketa Straight
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Aqua Velva

I started off with a prayer of thanksgiving for all those who have served in our armed forces. All gave some, some gave all. May God bless them all.

Next, I applied some Proraso Pre Shave. The Musgo Real Shaving Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #220 synthetic brush. I did two passes with the Russian Rocket Raketa Straight and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Aqua Velva AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

7. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

Big thanks to all actively serving, and all veterans for their service. God bless all of you!

madmedic and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  8. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Thanks to all Veterans for your service!!! :happy088: Without your service this country, our freedom and way of life Could Not exist!!!:)

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  9. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

Another great post showing what TSD is all about. Thank you, veteran shavers!

Paul Turner and sdguero like this.
  10. jason koonce

jason koonce Well-Known Member

I wanted to go to mission bbq for lunch today. They were doing free bbq sandwich and a piece of cake lol. Ended up stuck having to go to work. But I did get some free coffee on base ;)

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  11. jason koonce

Well I just got the best surprise lol. Some one went to mission bbq and they gave them a bunch of sandwiches to bring to those of us stuck working.

12. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

We're very glad to hear that! Happy that you got to enjoy it...obviously you deserve it! Thanks!

jason koonce likes this.
  13. SmokeShowing

SmokeShowing Well-Known Member

It always feels a bit inadequate to simply say thank you to all that served in this virtual format, but it is heartfelt, especially as I think of my mother (USAF Vietnam) and my father (USAF Vietnam), and their commitment to our great nation. Even in this particularly bitter political climate, we can all agree that the men and women that have given so much to protect our freedoms must be held in the highest regard. Okay, thanks for letting me vent here!

Paul Turner likes this.
  14. jason koonce

All I can say is thank you to all of you. Because honestly we wouldn’t make it anywhere without all of you and your support.

15. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Funny thing-a resident here asked me if my mail had come, I said I hadn't yet checked but will when I get back(I was getting groceries). He said he didn't get any(mail). I checked mine when I got home-none for me either. Then I realized "Oh yeah, it's Veteran's Day!". Great shave choice @preidy

16. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

Amen. A big thanks to all of our vets. That '18 Bulldog is pretty cool too.