Vikings Blade Users???

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by poppi, Jul 19, 2020.

1. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Thinking about getting a new razor (80's not enough) and looking at Vikings Blade razors. I know there was a dust up between them and Baili. I have a BD179 and it's a good shaver. Also looks like a Chieftan to me although there are supposed to be difference.

Anyway, before I pop for one of those I'd like to get comments from those who already have/use Vikings Blade razors. So comment away, I'm listening.

Thanks in advance and enjoy those shaves

2. glassmtn

glassmtn Member

I have the Vikings Blade Chieftain 5BC edition. It's well made and a good shaver. The 5 BC version is heavier than the chrome model. The doors open and close smoothly. Vikings Blade seems to have very good quality control. The Chieftain is moderate in aggressiveness. I get a smooth close shave. Recommended.

3. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Thank you

4. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

I like the looks of their adjustables but seems like Weishi in disguise? Just different color accents and color adjustment knob? And I noticed on Amazon they want $20 for only 50 DE blades. Is anyone really paying that much for only 50 blades?

5. Bflotom2

Bflotom2 Active Member

I have the Chieftain and it is one of my go to razors. I considered the Emperor but begged off. I just don't understand the two different bases 1. smooth 2. grooved and the notches. Someone suggested that the notches were to make up for poor QC.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  6. Tallships

Tallships Well-Known Member

I was going to get a Vikings blade adjustable but after checking their website, the Vikings looked very much like my Weishi's. The Weishi adjustable is a really nice razor very well made, Paid $14.98 on Amazon. It's almost as good as any of my Gillette adjustables. My Gillette Slim has lasted me for 60 years and still in great shape, as far as the Wwishi's I doubt if I can test their longevity as well as I did my Slim.

IAmTheJody likes this.