Vintage advertising pens

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by gorgo2, Oct 9, 2022.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Triangular grip ballpoint by Unipeco (Union Pen&Pencil Co., New York), circa...no exact idea. 1950s-1970s.

Resize_20221029_171439_9652.jpg

Another go-to, mostly because it's in my favorite color (British racing green) and it's got an excellent grip due to the tapered triangular design. Super-lightweight yet substantial feeling. Takes current plastic barrel refills, though I had to ream the metal tip a bit. I have a few from this company and they did some unique designs.

Apologies for the slightly low res.

2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Telstar black ballpoint. U.S. made, 1960s I assume, have found nothing about this company.

https://ibb.co/KGr8YWw
    https://ibb.co/DYtK9jx

Same basic look as Skillcraft military issue pens but wider. Metal tip is always a nice touch. Takes modern refills.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2022
    Ijustmissedthe50s, Frijolero and brit like this.
  3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

[​IMG]

Knight Riter all metal ballpoint, 1973, part of a complete salesman's case of samples I was recently given. Very nice quality, finely ribbed knurling gives excellent grip. Accepted a modern refill with slight reaming.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2023
  4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

UNIPECO, Yonkers, NY. Clear barrel with the paper advertising insert removed. Accepts modern fine tip refills.

Resize_20230213_074211_1980.jpg

brit, wristwatchb and Frijolero like this.
  5. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

This thread got me thinking about the once ubiquitous advertising wall or desk calendar. I recall the ones offered by car body shops were not too family friendly

Hembree, Frijolero and gorgo2 like this.
  6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Resize_20230221_115836_6674.jpg

Unknown maker, U.S. made. Satin brushed steel, likely a loose copy of the classic Parker Jotter but less hefty and not as precisely machined (slight misalignment between upper and lower when screwed tight). Writes well anyway. Accepts fine tip Papermate cartridge refills.

7. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Resize_20230417_101956_6499.jpg Ritepoint USA, nickel plated, thin barrel with nice no slip texturing. Gives a better grip and weighs less than a comparable Jotter. The only old pen I have that has a working original refill.

Hembree, brit and Frijolero like this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

1980s vintage Garland bubbletop pen.uses Cross refills.
    20230516_202713_edited.jpg

Hembree, gorgo2 and Frijolero like this.
  9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Frijolero, Hembree and brit like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

thank you.the advertising is in the bubble on top,this one has a random "H".no idea what company.:):eatdrink047:

Frijolero and Hembree like this.
  11. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Pic?

Frijolero, Hembree and brit like this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

20230517_072548_edited.jpg

Frijolero and Hembree like this.
  13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Hm. A dumbell perhaps?