Vintage Blades LLC

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by Bronco, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

I have delt with Jim at Vintage Blades several times. I've purchased razors, brushes, creams and soaps and never been disappointed. His customer service is the reason I keep coming back. The one problem I had with a brush,
    he responded by having the replacement in the mail before he got my return.
    Jim is very knowledgeable and will work with you to make sure you get what you want.
    If you are looking for product names like R. A. Rooney and Progress Vulfix from the United Kingdom, and Shavemac and Dovo / Merkur from Germany,
    Castle Forbes, Floris of London, D. R. Harris, Taylor of Old Bond Street, Truefitt & Hill, pay him a visit online. His prices are competitive.

2. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Even my Wife

I too have bought many items from Vintage Blades and have been very happy. Most recently, I re-bought my Merkur 12C Long Handled Open Comb DE from Jim. Always has a nice note in the box too. Even my wife is buying a present for me from there.

3. Padron

Padron Active Member

I have made several purchases from Jim at Vintage Blades, he has always been super friendly and very helpful....Great customer service and has been a complete pleasure to deal with.

He has even taken the time to hand write a note thanking me for my purchase. :cool:

Thanks Jim!! :D

4. magic

magic New Member

Vintage Blades has a good assortment of products but Jim only carries Merkur in the DE catagory. I have done business with them several times & they always send me some nice samples to try out. Pretty good PR

5. Sailinblues

Sailinblues Well-Known Member

Always a pleasure to deal with Jim. I'd give the customer service an 11 if I could. His website is "live inventory" meaning - if it allows you to put it in your cart and purchase it, it's in stock and you'll get it.

6. akhorosh

akhorosh New Member

Vintage Blades LLC is one of my favorite sites. They have great selection and great customer service.

7. erictski

erictski Member

I agree that it is a great site to use

8. DSB

DSB New Member

Great online store. If they carried a wider range of after shaves, I would probably give them an all around 10.

9. Dismayed

Dismayed New Member

Great Service!

I'm new to DE shaving, so I called Jim at Vintage Blades to get some guidance. He was knowledgable and pleasant. He never made me feel that he was rushed as he answered my questions and provided his insight into what would work best for me. Great service!

10. Xezmer

Xezmer Active Member

Excellence!

Product Range - Very broad spectrum. Tends to everyone.
    Competitiveness - Seems more of an "in and out" kinda place. Good prices no less.
    Packaging and Shipping - Very secure, in a sturdy box.
    Website Presence (easy to use) - A little bit of a pain to navigate.
    Payment Methods - Fair here.
    Customer Service - Jim is a blast to deal with. Very friendly and quick service.

I got my first order from them for free as a result of mantics contest. Jim may as well be the reason I am wetshaving today!

11. Mark2021

Mark2021 New Member

I see the reviews here are 10+ years old. I recently placed an order with Vintage Blades. They sent me junk instead of what I ordered. Classic bait and switch. Never answered my emails. This is no longer a reputable company.