Vintage New Stock - Check this out!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Brian H., Sep 23, 2014.

1. Brian H.

Brian H. Member

Hey fellas, check this out! My mom bought this store display of brand new Star DE razor blades in the original shipped boxes at a yard sale. The seller has a whole CASE of them. Is there any value to these at all other than the cool vintage appeal? If you know anything about them, that would be much appreciated too. I opened one of the little boxes of the blades and they are in good condition - no rust.
    photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG

2. Straight Arrow

Straight Arrow Active Member

Very cool find. As a user of vintage blades I can attest to the good quality of Star blades. I have many of these blades but not on such great vintage display cards. I have shaved with them on many occasions and they are definitely one of the better vintage blades. As with most blades of that era don't expect them to perform like modern DE blades. They're a different animal.

3. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

Some guys like those old carbon steel blades but to me they usually feel dull compared to modern stainless ones and pretty uncomfortable to shave with. But that's me. You might like them and if you get a vintage blade stropper to keep them smooth they might work a little better.

4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Hey, that is pretty :signs021: