Voskhod blade group buy -CLOSED

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by IAmTheJody, May 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

I know, I know... I was hoping to have some of the blades in the mail and on their way to their owners today. I guess this is a byproduct of choosing the cheapest shipping method to keep our costs down... Parcel Mail is the next to slowest, the slowest being Media Mail. Can't do anything but wait... sorry y'all.

2. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

It's alright, dude.
    Of course, it would've saved you some shipping if they'd made it last week when I passed through, but it's alright anyway, since it was late both times, and pouring rain the second time :D

3. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

'T'ain't yer fault!

4. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

This reminds me of the old Heinz Ketchup commercial. Just think of all the extra drama we get for no extra cost!

5. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Goodness gracious! :eek:

Does mail usually circle you a couple times before coming in for a landing, Jody? :happy097

6. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

First for me yesterday; the mail carrier actually brought a package to the house. Usually they leave a pink slip that requires us to drive to the PO and wait in line to pick anything up.....Soooo, Jody, we empathize with you

7. Gibbs

Gibbs Member

You all sound so enthusiastic over these blades I bought 100 in a carboard card 5X20, which arrived in today's mail. I'll shave with one tonight and see how well it goes. BTW there are still buggy things going on in here with the forum. letters don't show up as you type them quickly and links back here to subscribed threads end up in a "dead letter" sort of space. Off toppic, but thoguht I'd mention it.

8. IAmTheJody

Well no mail on today's run so here's hoping for Monday...

9. IAmTheJody

And no blades today. Did make a few calls, including the Memphis sorting center where the tracking says it last was and last left 7 days ago. Was told because the package is 50 pounds, it's probably being handled manually and just hasn't been done yet. So I asked then why does the tracking say it has been done and even left the facility 7 days ago. Told me to call back tomorrow because the "2 women that handle heavy packages" aren't in today. So...

10. hdflame

hdflame Active Member

Boy, I hate it when they give you the run around! I got that from UPS a couple of months ago...no answers make me ill! Don't worry about it, they'll show up.

Now....what happened to the forum? I feel like I'm in a different world! Kinda like the "Twilight Zone"!

11. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Grrrrrr. O well worth the wait. Put off shaving all weekend to extend my voskhod blade stash... I think i have 1 shave and 2 blade left :( AHHHH.

12. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

sounds like someone needs an emergency pack sent STAT!

13. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Haha I might. I am going to end up shaving every other day... It is either that or use derbys/merkurs which both make my neck look pretty bad. Probably better to just not shave and grow some stuble so when i get the new voskhods i can mow down my face :D

14. frankflood

frankflood Active Member

i've been mowing with merkurs, derby's, astras...........love waiting for the ultimate.

15. IAmTheJody

Uh oh. What's this?

DSCN1740.jpg

stingraysrock likes this.
  16. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

a couple boxes of blades? I THINK SO

:scared007:

17. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

Umm do tell my friend!

18. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

YEEEHHHH. I was right :)... I hope

19. IAmTheJody

Say hello to 16,000 Russian blades...

DSCN1741.jpg DSCN1742.jpg DSCN1743.jpg DSCN1744.jpg DSCN1745.jpg

rodd, stingraysrock and Billr like this.
  20. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Why do they say Made in China?

:signs107:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.