Vulfix VS Brushes

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by DesertTime, Feb 13, 2010.

1. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

I have two Vulfix brushes, a 404 in pure badger and a 374 in super. The latter is my go-to brush. I've used Vulfix brushes for over 10 years and I like them. To me, they're a great value and terrific brushes (I know opinions vary on that).

I want to pick up a VS, but I'm undecided on model. I face lather with soaps -- MWF recently.

Any suggestion/recommendations?

Thanks

2. fozz77

fozz77 New Member

The 404 mixed is a good brush....excellent value.

3. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I picked up a VS/5 from Bullgoose for the low price ($10.50) and I wanted a couple other items he sells. I've been very happy with it, though the knot just came loose last night when I went to use it. I'll pick up some marine epoxy and reset it as the only problem seems to be the glue that holds the knot in the handle.

4. dcrosso

dcrosso New Member

Vulfix VS/1

I purchased a VS/1 about six months ago. The knot is small and it took about a month to get it to be usable. It got soft and would generate enough lather for a two pass shave. I really like the Vulfix handle, it works perfectly to control the brush. Unfortunately about three months into it's use it started losing 3-4 bristles every time I used it. When the brush dried out I could see more bristles starting to work their way out. I had planned to use it as a travel brush, but I liked the handle so much I decided to put a Golden Nib, Finest silvertip knot in it. I got the knot several weeks ago and installed it in the Vulfix handle. It is now my favorite badger brush. I have a EJ best extra Large, a Rooney 3/1 and a Simpson Ehsan. I also have a Erskine #95 with a GN finest in it. My two rebuilds are my best performing brushes.

5. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

Hmmm.

After Erik's and Dcrosso's comments, I think I'll hold off on the Vulfix VS line.

Thanks for the comments, all.