Walmart MarketPlace Scams

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jaro, Apr 13, 2023.

1. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

As the title states Be extremely careful with making purchases from Walmart MarketPlace as they allow scam sellers to sell under "Their name "(marketplace) and then they will NOT honor The return Policy and try to make the customer suffer the loss. In my opinion,that shows a lack of care about the customer , Just THE bottom line.... My Mother an elderly woman bought my senior citizen Father some rechargeable batteries for tools and the batteries do NOT work.. Well my mother contacted Walmart who told her to contact the seller about returning them but the seller would NOT respond so after repeated emails to the seller AND Walmart the seller finally replied ( after the return time had lapsed ) and said that she needed to take them to her local walmart and they would take them back.. Remember she had started trying to return them BEFORE the return date lapse and has all communications to prove it ) They took it to walmart who refused to take the return saying the seller was "blacklisted" because the seller would not take returns... Walmart is allowing sellers who are blacklisted to continue to scam customers because in my opinion, Walmart is still getting their commission from the seller which is all that seems to matter to them... Please I beg all of you that in my opinion,if at all possible to AVOID Buying FROM WALMART MARKETPLACE !!!! In my opinion,IT IS NOT WORTH THE RISK AND HEADACHES I SEE MY ELDERLY PARENTS HAVING TO GO THROUGH !!

These are the views and opinions of the Author alone and do not necessarily express the views of this site..

Last edited: May 12, 2023
  2. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

As an addendum...
    Her card that was used stopped the payment , So , she was able to get it taken care of when the bank helped her , after Walmart and the Walmart Marketplace seller would NOT....

Last edited: May 12, 2023
    Shaver X, PLANofMAN, Jayaruh and 2 others like this.
  3. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

I think Walmart are idiots for running their online store that way, especially when there are alternatives. At the very least, it damages their corporate image. If a seller tries to scam a customer and Walmart's name is on the store, excuses, rationalizations, and citing rules do not matter. Customers are still going to blame Walmart.

A good tactic is to cc Walmart customer service when emailing a non-responsive seller. Uncooperative sellers hate that, as it instantly puts them on the spot and gets them in trouble. They will usually respond right away. If they don't, then canceling the charges on the credit card is an easy fix. Don't forget to leave the seller a bad review if possible.

Thanks for the head's up!

jaro likes this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

family business vs walmart..who wins..