Want to make more comfortable shave ? lets share Tips ..

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Afzal, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Afzal

Afzal New Member

Hi there,

My first post and I will try my best to entertain you about the shaving and its techniques.

Lets get to the point, the first essential to a perfect shave is water and warmth. When hair absorbs hot water it becomes softer and easier to cut and with warmth the skin and facial muscles become relaxed, making shaving so much easier. Thus the best time to shave is after a bath or shower. Soaking a folded flannel or small towel in hot water and wrapping it around the face for thirty seconds can also achieve this effect. Agreed ?

2. Shani

Shani New Member

As far as I know applying shaving cream or 'lathering up' can be done with either the fingers or a shaving brush. Using your fingers is a very successful way of preparing the skin and beard for wet shaving as well as revitalising the facial muscles. The shaving brush, filled with a good quality badger hair, will lift and moisten the beard, preparing it for the shave.

3. Afzal

Afzal New Member

NIce said, I would also recommend traditional English glycerine based shaving creams and soaps which help to keep the skin and beard warm and wet during the shave. This will make additional comfort to your shave.

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to The Shave Den Afzal and Shani!

Is this thread about method shaving or just wetshaving in general?

5. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

JoAnna, this thread should be move to general or shave school.

6. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

Relocated to General Forum as requested.