Want to treat myself

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Steve_1993, May 2, 2011.

1. Steve_1993

Steve_1993 Member

So my birthday is coming up and I know I am going to gets ome money, I would like to use this extra money to treat myself too stuff like soaps, creams, aftershaves, etc, pretty much most things to do with shaving, excluding razors, I am currently content with my SS and Futur.

Personally I would like to get some old spice, not the new stuff but the old stuff, the original and possibly the best.

Along with the stuff I am getting I am also going to see about getting a dirty bird scuttle (if the money allows me too).

Leave a com met below about what you think I should get, why and where I should get it from, taking into mind that the only payment method I will be using is Paypal.

Edit: it would also be nice if the places you say I can get them from to ensure that they do ship to Australia.

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Any TSD soap. Why? They are fantastic on all fronts - slick, cushion, ease of lathering, scent. You'll also support TSD.

A brush from Phil at BullGoose. Why? Great guy to deal with. Always throws in an extra goodie or two.

A straight razor from Glen at Gemstar Custom. Why? Another great guy to deal with. You'll also be needing a straight razor soon ;)

3. Steve_1993

Steve_1993 Member

I do enjoy the shave den wheat shaving cream, it is almost out and I was going to get some more TSD stuff.

As for the razor, I don't want a straight razor yet, my skill needs more improvement and I would like too get other stuf first before the razor, I might consider it if the money allows me too.

4. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Active Member

Mama Bear's soap. You can look at this stuff from across the room and think "Go," and you'll start to see lather explode from beneath the closed lid. Thick, rich, smooth, delicious, cushiony lather that will make you want to eat it. And Sue's scents are out of this world. Absolutely perfect shave soap. Treat yourself to a puck of it, I promise you won't be sorry.

5. Steve_1993

Steve_1993 Member

I was actualy just looking at the mama bear soaps, the ones that interest me are, the sandle wood, dragons blood, ye old barber shop, along with the 2 novelty ones titled pot roast and Wood fragrance

I also heard very good things about these soaps before, I planing on getting some but I didn't know when

6. newb

newb Resident Newb

May I suggest a horsehair brush. The Best and softest are the Vie long brand. But, being that you use the Wool fat, I would say go to Bestshave.net pick up a sampling of turkish horsehair brushes (soft but killer backbone, they will make easy work of the wool fat), cheap alum blocks, great Russian Blades and maybe some Arko. All are very affordable. So you should have some left over cash to still indulge. Truthfully, the Turkish horsehair #6 is a cheap indulgence. They take paypal and ship world wide. Bestshave is just an awesome vendor for affordable quality shave gear.

7. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Yeah.. .mine is coming up as well. Instead of going for any one big item, I have been picking up lots of little items here and there. I got a brush on the classifieds here and a razor on the classifieds on another forum. Just a bunch of $10 items.

8. Steve_1993

Steve_1993 Member

So my current list is at:
    A series of mama bear soaps
    Some containers of TSD wheat shaving cream
    A #6 horse hair shave brush
    And a container of TSD shaving soap

Still undecided is:
    A dirty bird 1.5 scuttle
    Old spice (original) from TSD
    And so e wood too have a try at making a shaving stand :) everyone needs to try this at least once
    and some TSD M-bomb

Things that will not be on the list are:
    Razors
    Strop's
    Sharpening stones

Anything else you think I should consider leave a commet with what it is and why you think I should get one.

I will finish deciding what I want on my birthday which is the 20th of this month, I will post a reply about what I have decided on getting, once I receive it all I will also post a image of everything after I have unpacked it all.

9. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

You only live once!

My only real suggestion would be to treat yourself to at least one top notch soap or cream.

It doesn't need to be crazy expensive, but you owe it to yourself to try at least one TOBS cream or a puck of Tabac, very upscale for the money.

10. frankflood

frankflood Active Member

i just found some mr taylor's cream i'd forgotten i had. i usually use soaps but this was a very nice treat. bought it for myself on my birthday. treat yourself and happy birthday

11. RABIDMONKEY

RABIDMONKEY Active Member

the india made old spice uses the original old spice formula I believe , it will say shuldon

12. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

While shopping at the TSD store, suggest you add an Arko Stick to the pile. At only $2 you will be pleasantly surprised by the lather quality.

13. Steve_1993

Steve_1993 Member

Well for some reason I got all my birthday money early this year,MIT wasn't as mch as I hoped but I got some of the stuff I wanted

From TSD store:
    Shave cream -yinyang
    Shave soap - orange
    old spice original

Mamma bear soaps:
    Ye ol' barber shop
    Dragons blood
    Mysore sandalwood

Left over money:
    2 tickets too this Saturday's lottery, I hope I win :)
    And ice cream, can't have a birthday without this

I would have liked to get some other stuff, but maybe next time, I will defiantly put some money aside eventually for a scuttle

14. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Sounds like you picked up some nice items. I have yet to try a Mamma bear soap... Might add one to the top of my buy list.

15. Steve_1993

Steve_1993 Member

The names of her soaps sound great, I got the Sandalwood and barbershop because I have heard good things about those type of soaps, this time next year I am sure I will be bay rum person from the barbershop soap :)

16. Steve_1993

Steve_1993 Member

my second package just arrived and now I have it all, so here it is
    DSCF1082.jpg

Mama Bear
    -ye old barbershope
    -mysore sandalwood
    -Dragons blood

TSD Store
    -old spice original
    -yin yang scented shaving cream (with menthol)
    -Ornage scented shaving soap (with menthol)

been using the mam bear soaps since it arived just over a week ago, now I cant wait too use the TSD stuff :)

17. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

SWEET! Enjoy the shaves! :happy088

18. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I liked your choice of Orange, Steve.
    It is an overlooked-too-often scent in TSD products. But soooo lovely and refreshing. :love029

19. Steve_1993

Steve_1993 Member

When I read about the yin yang scent I remembered seeing orange, so I got the orange scent to initially super lather with but now I have smelt it and it reminded me of when we used to have a orange tree in the back yard and I would go out everyday and eat one.

20. NoahG

NoahG Member

looks like a great haul! Also, I think the Shave Shack is an online vendor based in Australia for alot of your future AD needs.