Wanting a boar brush

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Omelmad, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

@fram773 and @LookingGlass Thank you for the webbsites. Both connought shaving and vintage scent was great sites. Shipping 2.5£, thats about the same as swedish sites but WAAAY better variety in procucts!

I will be buying stuff from them in the future, but not this month, I already met this months quotation =P

fram773 likes this.
  2. Omelmad

I have decided that when I buy a boar brush it will be the Omega 10810 boar brush from connought shaving. It's a cheap one, If I like the boar I will eventualy buy one with higher quality if that is even necessary =P

3. LookingGlass

LookingGlass Well-Known Member

Partner, the painted handle will chip. I have always said you either have a painted handle that is chipped or one that will be chipped. :angry017: The Semogues are my favorites both in boar and badge. I have a 1305, a 1438, and the red/white/green Italian Barber. None are presently chipped but one minor ding and the chip is a done deal. I now purchase the Semogues with wooden handles. If my memory serves me, all bristle versions are available in the wood and/or acrylic handles. The painted models are beautiful but you take your chances.

fram773 likes this.
  4. Omelmad

Probably best to get one with acrylic handles for now =p

5. LookingGlass

LookingGlass Well-Known Member

I would. As I said, I have a few painted brushes but am not purchasing any more. There is enough of a choice on the market of wood/resin/acrylic handles to meet my needs.

6. Doryferon

Doryferon Well-Known Member

7. Omelmad

It's decided, I'm getting the 10810 when I do decide to buy one =)

8. Omelmad

[​IMG]

This is my newest addition =D

Looks really nice and has a nice weigh to it

fram773 likes this.
  9. Omelmad

Lathered with it today, but I cleaned it with vinegar and water first and then with shampoo and conditioner and then vinegar and water again =D

After I lathered with it and shaved I lathered a couple more times in my hand just to break it in. It has bloomed some and now looks much much better and feels a lot softer aswell. Posting a picture via iphone in a minute =D

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  10. Omelmad

[​IMG]

Dridecker likes this.
  11. SDK

SDK it's his fault

Nice :happy088:

I have a Semogue 1305 that should arrive next week. Can't wait to get it into my den...

12. KingColliwog

KingColliwog New Member

I have a Omega 49 and it's been a great experience so far. From what I've read, all omega's have the same "quality" of knot, it's only the size/handle that changes from one to the next so you'll probably enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

If you like it already, you'll like it a whole lot in a few weeks/month when it's broken it. I know mine is already WAY softer than it was when I received it after only 2 weeks.

Omelmad likes this.
  13. Omelmad

I like it already and when it has been soaked for a while it becomes very soft =P