WEISHI Nostalgic Adjustable?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Michael_W, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

It seems that Weishi has produced its own adjustable razor, a variation on its popular 9306 model. I was eager to get the Qshave Parthenon that was built in cooperation with Weishi, but after reading the initial reviews and liking my 9306, I'm wondering if Weishi's adjustable isn't more attractive as a buy.

Here's a pic:

[​IMG]

Thoughts?

2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Interesting. Adjustables are tricky and if mass-produced on the cheap, could be ominous. For instance, if they can't securely hold the setting, the shave will suffer (along with the skin). My Weishi SS clone is a good, not great razor, but was clearly manufactured as inexpensively as possible.

RyX and cliffb599 like this.
  3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    That is a handsome razor. Weishi makes various grades of razors. That one looks like it may be a keeper. You got a link for that?

RyX and jimjo1031 like this.
  4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

5. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

jimjo1031 likes this.
  6. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

So, who will be the first to buy one??

cliffb599 and jimjo1031 like this.
  7. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

Me, tomorrow, when I get paid. I'll also be sending away for the Oleo Windy City Barbershop soap with its companion balm. The Very Cherry is great, but the scent is a little strong.

8. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    I'd be on it, but I have depleted my shaving funds.

Linuxguile and cliffb599 like this.
  9. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

From the link provided:

"Close the blade chamber completely before adjust the razor head."

It has been years since I used an adjustable, but it seems to me that you would want to set the shave dial before clamping the doors shut.

gorgo2 and Jayaruh like this.
  10. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

I just bought one. Between you guys and Mickey Lee rereleasing a bunch of discontinued soaps; its really killing my no-buying pledge. Oh well, I guess even at its worst, wet shaving is a cheaper hobby than buying a Porsche.

brit, RyX and cliffb599 like this.
  11. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    I know with the Gillette adjustables, the adjustment is independent of the doors. You close the doors and adjust it all you like. It just moves the baseplate up or down. The blade stays secured by the doors. I suppose it is the same with the Weishi.

RyX likes this.
  12. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Yep. Hopefully it's not because if you don't on this one, the blade will go flying across the room. Thought that would make for an interesting nickname for it...the Oddjob.

RyX and Frijolero like this.
  13. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Looks a lit like the Parthenon head (before they removed the rinsing holes) on a Weishi handle.

blashe, Michael_W and DesertTime like this.
  14. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

that's exactly what it is

15. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

let us know how it performs

Badgerstate likes this.
  16. Badgerstate

Im sure it will be fine. I use a Weishi Long Handle right now and it gives me great shaves. If they give me a Weishi that I can turn the aggressiveness up on, it can only be a good thing.

MR41 likes this.
  17. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

im sure youll like it, but pics and review is welcomed

18. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael_W likes this.
  19. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

I have one on the way from a friend for my bday last week, not really in the market for any razors but im kind of excited. Weishi tto 9306 was my travel/camping razor for a long time, until i gave it to a friend to get started, always provided a great shave.

cliffb599 likes this.
  20. Badgerstate

The Weishi Adjustable was a bust for me. On mine, the blade alignment wasnt true and overall the razor doesnt feel very tight or precise. Its a shame too because Ive got a Weishi Long Handle in every finish that they offer and theyre wonderful razors that dont have blade alignment issues but clearly the adjustable needs work.

Michael_W likes this.