What ails you?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by youngunn, Apr 22, 2013.

1. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

Thanks for the good advice. I try to not take the vicodin if I don't need to. But some days I just have to take something. I've tried taking supplements and vitamins and they just don't help. My joints are being attacked and until that stops the pain will continue... :oops:

2. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I really have no experience in dealing with depression because I have not been depressed aside from having to deal with growing up and such. My thing that gets me is I feel like I'm wasting time all the time. Like I could be doing so much better things with my time other than making myself miserable by going to college.

3. youngunn

Serious depression is crippling... I have been close to suicide a few times. Its nothing to mess around with, I put off seeing a doctor about it for too long. Now that's all behind me thank goodness.

Also having a mental health counselor is one of the best things I ever did. Convinced my wife to see one as well and its helping her so much as well.

4. youngunn

Do you not have dental insurance to get a root canal right now? Also I know certain places offer free dental care on one day a month, you have to get there super early to get seen but its worth it.

5. Ryan B

I'm glad you're still with us. I am also glad that you have gotten the help you needed. I have heard horror stories about people who didn't get the right help or just got thrown on meds with no real solution.

I guess my only advice would be to dig in, take it one day at a time, and dig down deep when you're at your wit's end. It helped me get through the few struggling times in my life.

youngunn likes this.
  6. Heloguy

Heloguy Well-Known Member

Good luck brother! Just keep at it. They say it gets better.

youngunn likes this.
  7. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

yep. Mine are 4 feet tall and under. The oldest is 6 going on 7, the middle is 4 going on 5, and the youngest is a year old in the first week of May.

I'm actually thankful for my three problems.

lradke and Ryan B like this.
  8. Ryan B

Congrats. Yeah those will come along for me eventually too.

9. ObsessedShaver

ObsessedShaver New Member

Cluster migrains for six weeks now. No relief in sight.

10. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I just joined facebook. I don't think I will ever recover. I've even got Queen commenting on the vast white and empty spaces of my timeline. Hmm. My email is reminding me I should update my status.

I'd better take care of that.

...sometime next year. Oh, and I'm a bit overweight. I need to lose about 30 lbs.

Queen of Blades likes this.
  11. Ryan B

Facebook is overrated. I use it, but I wish I didn't. It's just one big gripe fest.

tuxxdk and Leo K. like this.
  12. youngunn

Facebook is AWFUL.

tuxxdk likes this.
  13. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

My biggest issue is anxiety. I would get panic attacks that were so bad that my body would go numb and I couldn't move...but with pushing myself out of my comfort zone more and more, I have been able to reduce my anxiety about 90% I'd say. :D Aside from that, there id a bit of depression due to my job (if you knew, you'd understand), but I'm gone in a month (I've been given 'notice') and really happy about it!

Oh! At the change of seasons, fall/spring, my knees seize up if im sitting and don't have the opportunity to stretch them out. They get hurting so bad that I can't walk for several minutes. The pain was so bad last time it left me in tears. Needless to say I prefer aisle seats at the opera and theatre. ;)

Other than that, my issues are little girls. :) The oldest is 5 in July, the middle is 3 and the youngest is 2 months. As you can see....they are all quite silly! ;)

uploadfromtaptalk1366722348357.jpg

ohpaos, Erik Redd, BigT and 5 others like this.
  14. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

oh man that's cute. I got to where I could get up, swaddle the baby, rock her back to sleep, and get back into bed without fully waking. This wasn't always a good thing- but it proved to me I can function on much less sleep than I thought.

ohpaos and lradke like this.
  15. youngunn

I fully understand Luke about the knee pain and depression/anxiety, I'm glad you are getting the best of it!

And I really wish we had some little girls like yours, they're so cute! We've been trying for a while now and it's just not happening...:( gonna have to get tested I suppose.

16. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

I'm on night feeding with Ruby. My wife is on some medication that makes it so she can't wake up. I don't mind though, it's the least I can do since she takes care of hte kids during the day...and she gave birth to them! Some nights though, I'm not fully awake and neither is Ruby...on those nights, after I drop the bottle 3 times I call it quits. LOL! (it will wake me up when it hits the floor, and Ruby is passed out anyway)

This may be TMI...but don't loose hope! We thought Ruby would never come...but one day she finally did.

17. youngunn

At least it's fun trying, amirite???:p

ohpaos and NoobShaver like this.
  18. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

I feel for you , guys & gals! Take care and be good to one another. Take it one day at a time (I've got to learn that as well...)

I'm burnt out, but I keep on going. There's 1,000 people losing their job daily in The Netherlands, so I don't want to lose mine. On the other side, quitting this job and starting to do something else might just be what I need. I'm seeing a psychologist an I'm doing assertivity training. I guess I'm starting to feel some benefits of that. Yeey!

I'm lucky to have a lovely wife and two great children. And I've got TSD!

ohpaos and youngunn like this.
  19. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

I understand your pain my friend. I am a diabetic and also suffer from Sleep Apnea. I've using the machine for several years and wouldn't trade it for anything. I've also had three back surgeries and three fusions. I was a combat radio operator in the Air Force and made many jumps. But one landing didn't end very well which resulted in my back issues. I never blamed the Air Force for it. After all, I volunteered and no one threw me out of the plane. Enough about me. ANY time you need or just want to talk to someone you can call me. Just PM me and I'll be more than happy to give you my cell number.

ohpaos and youngunn like this.
  20. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

Get that "little throat flapper thingy" (uvula) removed if you can. I did and it has made a world of difference.

youngunn likes this.