What are you eating and/or drinking today?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by MTgrayling, Feb 2, 2009.

1. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

I'm just razzing Lee DA. ;)

Tonight for me it was a glamorous meal of half a Subway sandwich and half a bag of sour cream and onion chips/crisps.

Meh.

2. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Active Member

Leftover pot roast with potatoes and carrots. :)

Tommorow's lunch is the other two steamed buns from that package I bought today.

3. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Simple, yet tasty -- homemade fried shredded beef and jack cheese burritos with an on-the-rocks margarita riding shotgun. Ole!

4. Churchill

Churchill New Member

Tonight I had Sausage and Shrimp gumbo with venision summer sausage as an appetizer.

5. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Home made meatloaf sandwiches w/ provolone cheese, spicy mustard and ketchup. Ruffles potato chips on the side. Yeah baby.

6. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Throw in some potato salad or coleslaw and you've got one heck of a meal!

7. TG_Charles

TG_Charles Member

Avocado & Shrimp sushi washed down with ice cold Suntory Premium Malt Beer.

8. bonzo

bonzo New Member

Usual breakfast of steel cut oatmeal with flaxseed and peanut butter and coffee

Lunch of grilled chicken, mozzerella, mesculun greens, and tomato pesto on ciabatta

Probably will saute chicken in sesame oil with garlic, soy sauce and chili powder, and serve it with chopped broccoli and red peppers.

9. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Active Member

Heart healthy lunch... natto and rice

10. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

I'm trying to slim down some so a salad and a Tanqueray and Tonic for me tonight. Not bad, not bad at all.

[​IMG]

wyatt46 likes this.
  11. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Active Member

Lunch was a teriyaki chicken bowl from my favorite Japanese place. Dinner a couple of cha siu bao.

12. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Tonight I am enjoying what has been my favorite dish since I met my wife -- Bánh xèo (pronounced like bon sell). Although she makes it to my specs with lean pieces of pork. Absolutely delicious!

13. saltypete

saltypete New Member

Last night it was a Thai Jungle curry using locally caught Sweetlip.

Tonight I'm cooking T-bone steaks topped with local king prawns served with a Bernaise sauce. I think a bottle of Coonawarra Cabernet Sauvignon will go nicely with that.

Pete

14. tclevela

tclevela New Member

A long day at work so I wasn't interested in any cooking. Just some B&M beans heated up in the microwave. Followed by two Nathans hot dogs heated up in the microwave. I chopped some onions to put on the dogs and added mustard. A bottle of 'Great Divide' "Hades" to go with it. A Belgium golden Ale.

As Benjamin Franklin observed, "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy".

15. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

Chris, that's a whole lot of rabbit food. ;)

Don't mind me, I had a tostada salad last night that had what must have been an entire head of lettuce in it.

Your salad looks much better than mine did.

16. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

:drool That looks great, what time's dinner tonight? I'll bring desert.

17. Hiya,

I tried some rum yesterday, after forty years of staying away from the stuff. Yeah, I had a 'bad reaction' to some Bacardi when I was a kid, and hadn't again touched rum of any kind till yesterday.

Heh, this stuff was excellent! It's called 'Zaya' and is a 12 year old rum made in Trinidad. Great nose, certainly on the sweet side when tasted, and very smooth. Has a nice finish to it as well. Definitely a sipper for me, just as I would a good tequila.

I now have my very own bottle,
    Martin

Oh, I have a feeling I may be buying one or two other brands in the future. There's a few that sound pretty interesting.

Attached Files:

18. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

That does look good Rick. I'll bring beer. :D

19. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Garden Fresh (veggie) pizza from Papa Johns and Railbender Ale.

20. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

Byrrh and vodka Żubrówka.