What are you eating and/or drinking today?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by MTgrayling, Feb 2, 2009.

1. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

A quick chicken stir fry featuring wild Asparagus and black beans! Ya, it was goood. :D

[​IMG]

wyatt46 likes this.
  2. wklmmmm

wklmmmm New Member

baby back ribs - spit roasted over mesquite and wood from jack daniels' barrels and some apple;
    coated ribis in hoisin for 24 hours; liberally coat w/ sugar,salt pepper, garlic, lemon zest, paprika; dry rub AFTER applying hoisin and saved bacon drippings;
    3-3.5 hrs later after 325;

corn on cob for color;

knobs creek all day - keeps the boredom away;

3. guystyleguide

guystyleguide New Member

I have a nice thick, juicy steak waiting for me in the fridge. Can't decide whether I should go with the healthy option of having a side-salad or just throw caution to the wind and have thick-cut fries instead :D

4. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

I'm currently enjoying a glass of "Corte dei Mori" (Nero d'Avola) from Sicily - my oh my, I'm in heaven :D

5. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

I'm defrosting tri tip for tonight's dinner.

6. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

After a very nice dinner of fried chicken, rice, black eyed peas, corn on the cob and homemade biscuits, I'm relaxing with a cold Corona. Life is good boys and girls

7. Sailor

Sailor New Member

Im 24 so I had a giant burrito from freebirds and a caprisun. Nothing to write home about.

8. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Make that a Sam Adams or a microbrew and put some honey on those hot biscuits and I'm down with that!

The one thing that sucks about Montana is finding good sweet corn. In 15 years I've had three good ears.

9. rickboone

rickboone Member

I had a berry flavored TUMS. Sorry, didn't post a photo.

10. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

I was watching "The Big Lebowski" when a friend stopped by. He suggested we go out for a few (many) white russians. I'd never had one before and, having seen one of the greatest movies ever dozens of times, I figured no time like now. One bar mixed them what I assume was perfectly, another too much white and not enough russian. I'm no "dude", but dang those were delicious, maybe I am a dude?

I'm getting some Kahlua tomorrow!

11. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

To All the Not-So-Old GIs

Sailor, my young Navy friend, in your honor I went out and scored some Pabst Blue Ribbon. I haven't drank this stuff since I've been old enough to know better but I must confess that it's pretty good. So I'm raising my "Big Ass Beer" mug from Dick's Last Resort in San Antonio Texas (full of PBR of course) to you and all the other active duty GIs on this site (American and otherwise). God Bless You All and thanks for your service. If the U.S. military ever develops a softspot for beat up old men I'll be first in line to get back in. :D Lived the life for 25+ years and loved every second of it.

12. ndw76

ndw76 New Member

For breakfast I just finished a plate of Thai macaroni. It's the Thai version of Italian food. Bit of an abomination, but delicious non the less.

13. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

Sausage Gravy on Sourdough toast, a cup of Joe and I'm off to struggle for the legal tender

14. Ana72

Ana72 New Member

I usually eat bread and veggies every morning. I want a healthy diet.. ;)

15. stagger

stagger New Member

Venison steak, mashed potatoes, and corn for me :)

16. soapbuddy

Spaghetti & garlic bread.

17. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Truly, food of the gods! :eatdrink020

18. Rene

Rene Well-Known Member

Just started up with breakfast...

Nice cup of coffee
    Whole grain bread w/ bacon & eggs
    Orange juice
    Second cup of coffee :D

19. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

An evening todie for the body:
    Large glass of ice
    3 fingers of Maker's Mark
    Cold Zephyrhills Spring water
    A dash of lemon juice

Mana from heaven, pure mana from heaven. I may just like this stuff a bit better than Jim Beam.

20. soapbuddy

I'm eating fresh strawberries. For dinner I'm not cooking as I will be going to Olive Garden for dinner.