What are you waiting on to arrive...?

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Darkbulb, Feb 17, 2014.

1. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Uh oh. Sold it or PIFd it and forgot!

brit, jimjo1031 and cliffb599 like this.
  2. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

I’ve Done That.

"Why is it I always get my best ideas while shaving?" ~ Albert Einstein

jimjo1031 and IAmTheJody like this.
  3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Never would sell my first DE razor. Most likely put it some place and forgot where.

brit and IAmTheJody like this.
  4. IAmTheJody

So 2 weeks later, still waiting on Ach Brito Lavanda shaving cream and Italian Palmolive shaving cream from Maggard Razors. FedEx has lost the package and Maggard reshipped the order yesterday, thankfully via USPS and not FedEx again. Excellent customer service.

I watched the FedEx tracking and once the package got to Memphis, Tennessee, instead of coming straight down to Olive Branch, Mississippi and then straight down to here in Jackson, Mississippi - as it always always always does - it instead went from Memphis to somewhere in Kansas where it then went "in transit" to Southaven, Mississippi now for a week.

So hopefully soon, I'll finally get to experience Lavanda. :angry032:

And if the original order ever does show up, I have promised Maggard I will let them know and either send it back to them or just pay for it as if it was a new order.

5. cliffb599

Yea That Bites I feel for ya. From what I’ve seen in the News about all the shipping Companies Lately. It’s not going to get any Better any Time Soon.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  6. IAmTheJody

Yes. It's gotten bad for all of them but FedEx has gone from the best to the worst. During an earnings conference call last week, the head boss at FedEx admitted that they are rerouting 600,000 packages A DAY because they don't have enough employees to sort and work them. That's probably why my package ended up from Memphis, Tennessee all the way out in Kansas.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/fedex-rerouting-packages-daily-labor-shortage?ampcf=1

Ijustmissedthe50s and cliffb599 like this.
  7. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Crazy shipping times. After waiting a month for my Brush Lot from France with 2 Gibbs brushes in the lot I had them do a search and after 3 more weeks they said according to the shipper it's Lost and refunded my money. Wanted the brushes but it is what it is..........

8. IAmTheJody

Yes, the foreign shipping creates even more issues. I'm over a month now waiting on 2 Yaqi brushes from Yaqi China. Fingers crossed the Gillette Quick Twist makes it to me from Australia. :scared001:

9. Ky K

Ky K Well-Known Member

Enrico and cliffb599 like this.
  10. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I didn't know the Mark Cross had been marketed in Spain but there you go.[​IMG]

11. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Your brushes are probably off the coast of california in one of the many container ships waiting to get offloaded due to rise of online shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Dave in KY

Another score for Team Cross

jmudrick likes this.
  13. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Assuming it's solid I'll set up like I do my Enders , one mild and one aggressive...

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Dave in KY likes this.
  14. Dave in KY

Hoping for an unbent specimen for you.

jmudrick likes this.
  15. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

cliffb599 and Dave in KY like this.
  16. Dave in KY

Not a good day for incoming. The Nam kit was a joke. Mismatch set obviously as was stated already and NOT unused. Wrapped in cellophane to look like it in the pictures. The soap container is cracked Bur I will try to glue it. The Soap is new anyway. Hopefully it's Williams.............

The Aristocrat was a nightmare with abysmal communication from the seller who refunded me the money. I feel he realized he priced it too low at $80.............I may NEVER own one. That's all.............Better days are coming :D

17. cliffb599

So sorry to hear that Dave.

Dave in KY likes this.
  18. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

I have bid on things before that someone didn’t know what they had then they stopped the auction and sent me a note saying someone told them what it was and they restarted at a higher bid. Maybe that’s what happened.

19. IAmTheJody

It was a BIN listing, yes? And after you purchased it he decided he didn't want to sell it to you and just refunded your money? I would definitely leave negative feedback on that as well as reported to eBay. They always say when you commit to buy something, it's a contract and you must pay. The same applies to sellers.

20. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Someone probably messaged him and offered him more. Its a growing practice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk