What are you waiting on to arrive...?

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Darkbulb, Feb 17, 2014.

1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Thanks Gary. Don't know why I bid on it, but hey, never could resist a WW II tech for a good price. Especially if I make a handle and case for it. The Flair Tip was just a bonus item.

brit likes this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

always good to have around..should you ever find or acquire another mint "s" tech ..;)

jimjo1031 likes this.
  3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Yep, it's been on my watch list for you.

brit likes this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

cheers bro..:):eatdrink047:

jimjo1031 likes this.
  5. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

IMG_2401.jpg
    Big boy deluxe

IMG_2402.jpg
    Bakelite set and a shave stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Cool. I was an early bidder on that lot but seller never got back to me with an exact shipping quote like he said he would so I got cold feet. I will be interested on hearing about the shave stick too

7. Jorvaljr

They actually did get back to you but after I won. Lol I think they thought I was you and they messaged me apologizing for not getting back to you regarding shipping. Just so you know it was going to be £17

cliffb599, Aztecmike and brit like this.
  8. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Perfect, I'll send you my address. Lol

PLANofMAN and Jorvaljr like this.
  9. Jorvaljr

Lol sorry bud.

cliffb599 and Aztecmike like this.
  10. Jorvaljr

Sometimes you find out something that just blows your mind..

I am waiting in a Gillette - Rotbart Hybrid . IMG_2445.jpg
    IMG_2446.jpg

I didnt know it was even a thing. Apparently Mr Gillette went on a holiday.. you know to get away from the city hustle and bustle .. While in Germany he met Ingrid.. And it was love at first sight. The romance lasted several weeks , but King could not stay any longer. Telegrams were now arriving daily, the company is in termoil…. The wife and kids also miss him.. atlast he must say good bye to lovely Ingrid.. but not before one last night.. in the morning it will be back to the grind but tonight it will be theirs forever…

Well and there we have it folks.. turns out Ingrid was Rotbarts Daughter and it was chance meeting as she left the building leaving her father some sort strudel. They carried their love all their lives…

9 months later.. this bastard came out.

11. brit

brit in a box

:Dcool score..

Jorvaljr likes this.
  12. Jorvaljr

Thanks gary!

brit likes this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

when ever i scored a rare piece or set i always wanted them to be the best shaver ever,sadly wasn't the case ,though with one exception,my tech hybrid,it wasn't mass produced because of cost reductions and new stamping process of the tech baseplates.:)it was the end and final version of your new gillette /rothbart.:)

cliffb599, Jorvaljr and Aztecmike like this.
  14. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Awesome. That one has been on my bucket list for a little while. Congrats!

15. brit

brit in a box

16. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Wilbur Curtis ILG-60-01 Interlock Fresh Coffee Bean Grinder

Curtis Coffee Grinder .jpg

I was talking to a member from my church and he offered me this grinder. I'll be picking it up later this week.

:eatdrink013:

17. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Gillette Big Fellow which has been on my wish list for a while.
    Capture+_2022-05-10-05-30-35.jpg Capture+_2022-05-10-05-31-05.jpg

18. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Superman adjustable single edge razor, another razor off my wish list. Patented 1913 and supposed to be pretty aggressive, but can be used with Gem single edge blades. Capture+_2022-05-09-18-40-48.jpg Capture+_2022-05-09-18-41-23.jpg Capture+_2022-05-09-19-12-45.jpg

19. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

And finally a really big vintage Dunhill wooden shave bowl with original soap. According to the seller this puppy is about 8 inches in diameter. I really know absolutely nothing about Dunhill shave soap and hope I like it because this huge puck is probably going to outlive me. :sick013:
    Capture+_2022-05-10-19-32-35.jpg Capture+_2022-05-10-19-34-00.jpg Capture+_2022-05-10-19-33-08.jpg

20. Jorvaljr

Strand safety razor sharpener. I tried hones and they dont seem to work.. lets see if this baby does. I have a crap ton of 3 hole gillette blades, carbon, durham, valet and others
    I want to sharpen and use! Lets hope it works.
    IMG_2548.jpg