What are you waiting on to arrive...?

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Darkbulb, Feb 17, 2014.

1. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

OSP No.8 Shaving Soap and Aftershave

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. James Kleinkauf

OSP Dark Matter Shaving Soap and Aftershave

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

[​IMG]
    Gillette cambridge set not a great deal but im ok with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PLANofMAN, gorgo2, Aztecmike and 6 others like this.
  4. James Kleinkauf

OSP Neroli Shaving Soap and Aftershave

[​IMG]

5. brit

brit in a box

very cool.:cool:they are quite rare,some say they never existed.r.e comes to mind.;)
    not my pic.
    download.jpeg
    mine has inner lower liner installed opposite from others.note wear on inner lid liner.
    20220715_074055_edited.jpg

6. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Waiting for a package of 30 cigars.

:)

7. James Kleinkauf

OSP Urban Viking Shaving Soap and Aftershave

[​IMG][​IMG]

8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Today: a brown Neillite 400, because good price and why not.

Soon: a short/long comb NEW from a fellow member ri'chere.

9. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Found a seller on Etsy offering soaps with goat milk. I went through many pages of reviews and all were 5 stars. It takes a little longer to arrive, but for $5.00 each, with combined shipping, why not. I ordered Lavender and Pineapple Express.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2022
  10. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Rotbart Nr. 5040 set with razor still in plastic wrap. It seems to be missing original blades, but I have some from my Nr. 5050 set it can share with for now. SmartSelect_20220718-100212_eBay.jpg SmartSelect_20220718-100225_eBay.jpg SmartSelect_20220718-100251_eBay.jpg SmartSelect_20220718-100309_eBay.jpg SmartSelect_20220718-100338_eBay.jpg
    1953-10 Rotbart Pricelist Berlin Germany.jpg
    Price list borrowed from https://mr-razor.com/

Last edited: Jul 19, 2022
  11. brit

brit in a box

Aztecmike likes this.
  12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

From Wet The Face-Frozen Lemon Ice.

13. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Thank you Gary. I've developed a bit of a weakness for the Rotbart's. :)

brit likes this.
  14. James Kleinkauf

(SPECIAL EDITION) RazoRock 400 Silver Aluminum Handle Shaving Brush With 24mm Noir Plissoft Synthetic Knot

[​IMG]

15. James Kleinkauf

AKA Brushworx 26mm Synthetic G5C Knot Milky Wqy Resin Handle

[​IMG]

16. jimjo1031

Got these at a low bid. Second pic shows what head is on one of the Gillette handles............
    s-l1600.jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg

17. brit

brit in a box

Enrico and jimjo1031 like this.
  18. jimjo1031

Not sure what it is, too blurry to make it out.

brit and Enrico like this.
  19. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:signs107:

I have one of those ...... it's a US made bakelite Slant Stroke razor ...... I believe from the 30's to possibly the 50's. Came with a bakelite handle and its patent number is 2093851.

Very nice shave mild to medium efficiency.

Hope that helps.

:)

20. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    IMG_1658626911331.JPEG Ebay seller's pics. Bought it mostly as spare parts for my "good" one. We'll see what shape the hone and strop are in after USPS is done manhandling it. If necessary, I can swap the guts from my current set over. It's the somewhat rarer/uncommon Imperial 3 stainless steel model, so it should polish up as nice as any nickel plated set. It has a telescopic handle, I think, which is usually frozen beyond salvaging, if I recall my reading on those. One blade is good, the other might be.

In 1932, this particular set sold for $20. ($432.57 in purchasing power today. A very expensive razor). In 2022, $14.99 plus shipping. It's absolutely crazy. The Rolls is a good, even great, razor. In it's day, it was a popular razor.

A member on another shaving forum once said that he remembered his father telling him that in the 1940's, any hotel he stayed at was filled with the sound of many Rolls razors stropping in the morning. It was actually the newfangled electric razors that pushed Rolls out of favor with the masses, not Gillette or other DE razors, as many people think.

Edit: If anyone buys one of these contraptions from eBay, or from anywhere involving boxes and shipping, it is highly recommended that you and the seller have a little chat about storing the handle in the gear track rather than smack dab center of the hone. (Which was an optional "rattle free" spot to carry the handle, but was liable to crack your hone if the razor was dropped).

Last edited: Jul 24, 2022