What are you waiting on to arrive...?

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Darkbulb, Feb 17, 2014.

1. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I am also waiting on some injector blades. I'm down to 2 and I have some new to me injectors coming to me. I got a 7 blade pack of the Chinese Schick and a 20 pack of personna.

Hodge and clint64 like this.
  2. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Two 400ml bottles of Floid Blue...that's 800ml of an aftershave I have yet to try....

[​IMG]

3. Chuck F

Chuck F Cheesy! Big Curd style

You will have no trouble getting rid of it if you don't like it. But you probably will, it's a true classic.

RaZorBurn123, Darkbulb and clint64 like this.
  4. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Yes, I did it again - another order from Italian Barber has just been shipped to me.

This one contains:

1x Lea Classic SC
    1x Krampert's Frostbite AS
    1x Intesa Glacial AS Balm

It should be here this coming week!

RaZorBurn123 and SHAVEWIZARD420 like this.
  5. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Thanks, that was my thought as well :)
    Really curious to see how it is.

6. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

That's a lot of AS

RaZorBurn123 and clint64 like this.
  7. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Thinking I might just bathe in it.

RaZorBurn123, Omelmad and Chuck F like this.
  8. Omelmad

Was it cheap or what?

9. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Not really...about SEK 750 for those two bottles shipped. It better be amazing :D

10. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

I will gladly take one or both of you decide it's not for you.

11. Omelmad

Why did you not just get Baby blue?

12. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind should I dislike it!

13. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

You saw it here, people I got dibs, I've already taken a screen shot to prove it too.:p

Darkbulb likes this.
  14. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

About a month ago there was an offer to buy a razor for $1 - free shipping even - the De Fitch.
    A number of people, one hundred I believe, took them up on that offer and you can now see a number of reviews of the razor on Youtube and various forums.
    The reviews were....well...let's just say not as positive as they could have been. It felt a bit like reading early Rockwell razor reviews :)

Anywho, I just got hold of one of those promo codes and since I was doing an Amazon order anyway...I went ahead and splurged the one dollar on the razor.
    Will be interesting to see how it is when it arrives....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Chuck F

I got one. The handle is a good deal at a dollar. That's about the best I can say about the whole thing. :)

Darkbulb likes this.
  16. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I've heard similar stories :) Did you try to shave with yours?
    I thought the handle and the blades would at least be worth the dollar :)

17. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Spent $31 on my very first Rolls Razor (an Imperial 2 in fake Alligator pouch).
    Now, $31 might seem a bit on the high end of what these guys normally go for but...after seeing the pictures and reading the description from the seller what he did to the set I actually think it's real bargain.

The seller's description:
    "
    This is a refurbished and fully functional Rolls Razor Imperial 2 model.
    The alligator leather case is in excellent shape and includes an outer snap pouch containing a spare blade in it's own bakelite case.
    The blade itself is a 1949 model that had some discolorations that I buffed out then polished the blade which is now in pristine shape. However, the buffing removed the Rolls and Sheffield engravings from the blade which were very shallow on all Rolls blades.
    I have also hand honed and stropped this blade so it is in shave ready condition and gives a great shave.

The Rolls case itself also looks great with no rust spots. Inside you'll find a perfect intact honing stone. I've lapped the hone so the surface is flat and smooth. The strop is in near perfect condition. I've cleaned the strop and applied strop dressing so it is in excellent shape and not at all dried out.

I've cleaned and degreased the case mechanisms then recoated gears with a little Vaseline to lubricate them. I also disassembled and cleaned the friction pad assembly that holds the blade to the stropping/honing mechanism and cleaned and degreased it to so it maintains the proper friction to give you correct honing and stropping results.

Finally, the main blade is another 1949 version, but was in better original shape so I was able to polish it without removing the Rolls and Sheffield engraving. It therefore also in great shape and fully functional. Like the spare blade, I have hand honed this blade's edge and stropped it so it is shave-ready. I've set the bevel of both blades to to match that of the Rolls system.

FYI, I'm a hobbyist, not a business, which is why I've taken the time and effort to restore this fine straight razor shaving system."

Pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So, to me the $31 price tag was easily justified. Really curious to see how a Rolls looks like in person...and how it'll shave :D

18. Chuck F

Oh, I forgot about the blades. Yeah, they are okay, too.

The first head I got from them was extremely rough and uneven in just about every direction. Since they were asking for a review, I figured I'd give them the chance to make it right and they were actually very responsive and sent me another one. The replacement was better but still pretty rough, I didn't shave with it.

19. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Well, I think my bar of expectations has been set pretty low so I shouldn't be too disappointed with what shows up :)

Chuck F likes this.
  20. jamespasini69

jamespasini69 Well-Known Member

Talked to @gssixgun last night. Glen informed me that my custom W&B Barber's notch wedge with Amber wedge and birdseye maple scales, and matching brush handle with 24mm silvertip badger knot is almost done.