What are you waiting on to arrive...?

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Darkbulb, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Carson West

Carson West Well-Known Member

This thread has been active almost six years. I'm jealous.

I'm currently awaiting some Stirling products, a bottle of Christmas Eve A.S. and eight A.S. samples.

AGHisBBS, Linuxguile, brit and 2 others like this.
  2. Leclec13

Leclec13 Well-Known Member

upload_2019-12-29_22-31-54.jpeg

Another low ball win on the big auction site

Enrico, AGHisBBS, jimjo1031 and 5 others like this.
  3. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Tried out the samples,
    Then....

21325Orange Chill Witch Hazel & Aloe - 200ml12925Orange Chill - Post-Shave Balm11525-2Orange Chill - 100ml Aftershave Splash - Regular Menthol11025Orange Chill - Bath Soap23125Orange Chill - Shave Soap - Shave Jar - 5.8oz12957Glacial, Lemon Chill - Post-Shave Balm11557Glacial, Lemon Chill - 100ml Aftershave Splash11357Lemon Chill Witch Hazel & Aloe - 200ml13157Glacial, Lemon Chill - Shave Soap - Shave Jar - 5.8oz11057Glacial, Lemon Chill - Bath Soap2

Just shipped today...
    :)
    tp

4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Waiting for this Gillette/Clix Frankenrazor because I need the bottom plate for my Clix head and bakelite handle........

s-l1600 (6).jpg

Enrico, jtspartan, cliffb599 and 5 others like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

very cool..

jimjo1031 likes this.
  6. jimjo1031

I had a bakelite bottom plate, but I kinda destroyed it while doing a modification on it. And no. not going to say what I tried.........

cliffb599 and brit like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

all good ..its cool how we piece these things together..can spot a fb tech plate at 50 paces..:D..

cliffb599 and jimjo1031 like this.
  8. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

One can only imagine how much the total amount of money has been spent by the contributors to this thread.

Carson West and brit like this.
  9. Carson West

Your post got me curious about how much I've spent on this hobby since I got the bug about two years ago. I added up all my purchases from Italian Barber,
    West Coast Shaving, Maggard's, Groomatorium, and Stirling Soap Co.: $2100. But the purchases are slowing down, I swear, I promise, I...!

Jim99, AGHisBBS, brit and 1 other person like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

yes sir .that's a set of mildly custom heads for the the 460 ford..you shouldn't need soap for a while..:)..

Jim99, AGHisBBS, Terry and 1 other person like this.
  11. Carson West

A man who knows how to treat himself for Christmas. You're going to come out of that bathroom every day feeling like a king.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    AGHisBBS and Terry like this.
  12. Carson West

Are you a 460 guy?

AGHisBBS, Terry and brit like this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

was.loved ford big block power..:)

14. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Thanks Carson!
    With Stirling soap, hard to beat the scent, hard to beat the lather and slickness.
    So.......
    tp

brit likes this.
  15. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

I did rebuild a few engines in my younger days, mostly in line 6's and small block chevy's. I did get the chance once to do a 460. Never had the tools to check or fix the internals or the heads so I always sent them to a machine shop for that.
    On the engine stand, me and another guy assembled the parts one day. Had the pistons and bottom end done with the oil pan on. Flipped it over to do the top half, got to a point where the heads were bolted and toqued, decided to quit for the day. When we got back to it the next day the oil pan was toutching the floor. The engine stand, I'd used for 15 or 16 rebuilds had bent. We jacked it up and welded some steel to help it hold the heavy thing.
    After puting it all together with some changes to the original build, of course.
    That thing would make the truck we put it in, a 3/4 ton 1984 Ford pickup, jump up into the air. It could tow anything we hooked to it.
    Ford 460! Nice!
    tp

AGHisBBS and brit like this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

very cool.mine was in a mint 2 tone 77 ford f250 xlt ranger i basically restored.positrac diff c-6 modded transmission.was a camper special.factory engine redone with early 1970 dove heads,flat top pistons and some great cam ,intake manifold/carb/ignition and exhaust upgrades.it was a monster..and used 10 to the gallon loaded or not.miss that truck.

17. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Yes! if you can A-Ford to drive it. This had dome pistons, took high test, or as high test as you could get at the time.
    We did change the internals a bit, compaired to the original design.
    Not sure we got 10mpg, more like 7.
    But pull anything you could hook to!
    Then take it home. Just don't break anything in the process!
    Well.....
    tp

AGHisBBS and brit like this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

awesome..torque monsters..:)

19. jimjo1031

Waiting for these two orders. The Old Spice mug lettering is pretty much worn off, but the seller sent me a low offer for the lot..........
    s-l1600 (7).jpg

And on this one, I was the second bidder and the TV Special alone was worth it ............
    s-l1600 (10).jpg

Jim99, jtspartan, AGHisBBS and 6 others like this.
  20. brit

brit in a box

cool scores Jim..

jimjo1031 likes this.