What are you waiting on to arrive...?

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Darkbulb, Feb 17, 2014.

1. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

All great Aftershaves.

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

brit and Angelo85 like this.
  2. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

ATT Calypso S1 Slant arrived yesterday. Will try it out tomorrow. ;)

Above-the-Tie-Calypso-Slant-S1-Aluminum-DE-Safety-Razor-5 - Edited.jpg

3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I ordered a bottle of Lustray Spice AS. Will be fun to see how it smells.

4. brit

brit in a box

very cool Jim..:cool:

5. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

Thanks Gary

brit likes this.
  6. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Picked up a 1936 - 1938 1st gen open comb British Aristocrat made for the French market.
    oc1sta1.jpg oc1sta2.jpg oc1sta3.jpg

It has the original center bar design and is silver plated.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    9nein9, Aztecmike, Droo78 and 9 others like this.
  7. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

That's awesome. I was 1 of the 4 who had that in my shopping cart. I already have one or it would be headed my way. Congrats! They're great shavers.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

8. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I have a later version one not the earlier ones so that is partially why I bought it. The price I thought even with shipping was decent considering what these sets can go for.

https://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/british-and-other-non-us-aristocrat-tto-timeline.64883/

Might as well pimp my latest treatise.

brit, jtspartan and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  9. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

I recognize your username as someone who's provided information on the British Aristocrats. I just bought my first Brit last month and I'm hooked. I'll get one of each generation for sure. So far I have a 1st and 3rd in excellent condition. Letting my finances recover and will be looking for a 2nd Gen. The 4th gen are easier to find and probably the least desirable, but needed to have a complete set.

Again, congratulations! Thanks for removing the tempation.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

brit, BBS, jtspartan and 1 other person like this.
  10. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I never had a third gen one so I can't comment. The 4th gens are mild. I've had one before and sold it off. The 2nd gen at least mine is which I repaired shaves the same as the 1st gen open comb I have. I understand the finance thing but if you do it right you can finance this hobby without spending any house money to do it after the initial outlay or 7 when you first get into the hobby and don't know the ropes yet. I try not to buy razors anymore except ones I can flip to increase the hobby money pile or I already have enough in the hobby money pile to buy it if it is something I want to use. I also now that I know the hobby ropes try not to buy razors I don't think I can't get out of them at least what I have in them later on. Doesn't always work that way but over enough purchases you can average it out to be net ahead if you don't make too many mistakes.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    brit, jtspartan and cliffb599 like this.
  11. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I saw this mismatched set and looked at @mr-razor's site and I think the razor is a Featherweight Tech in a Gem case. The seller took my offer, so I guess I'll find out when I get it................
    s-l1600 (5).jpg
    1940s Featheweight Tech.jpg

BigD, 9nein9, Aztecmike and 6 others like this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

cool score Jim.i am sure you will find the case useful as well..:cool:

jimjo1031 likes this.
  13. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Thank you Gary.

brit likes this.
  14. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Not my brush/nor picture, but you get the idea.
    (I guess you were right, Gary) ;)

images.jpg

15. brit

brit in a box

very cool Joseph..nice brush..:cool:

jimjo1031 likes this.
  16. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

17. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Finally found a type A to almost complete my Schick collection. This one has the earlier of the two guard types available for this model & gold banding on the handle which I believe is uncommon.
    Now if I can just find a 1946/47 type G Christmas set...
    201119_233422_COLLAGE-1_resize_19.jpg

Enrico, Droo78, brit and 7 others like this.
  18. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I've never seen a N.O.S. one so I can't say if that is just a case of the plating being worn off or it was only partially plated when sold. Unfortunately it doesn't show the angle to see it but on the stem for the razor head on the opposite side should have what I think is a serial or production number for the razor. When you get yours can let me know even if only through pm what number is stamped on it? Mine is 116. Yours should be in the 200s or lower. If they are production numbers knowing the second style guard like the B1 razors exist with a production number in the 200s if yours is also lower then we can take a guesstimate of how many of these early Type A razors were actually made.

9nein9, Droo78, Hembree and 2 others like this.
  19. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I am so weak...:scared003: However, I am selling my CH3, so it's a wash! :happy093:
    hmBtLWh.jpg

9nein9, BigD, brit and 5 others like this.
  20. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

Pretty

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

Primotenore likes this.