What are you waiting on to arrive...?

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Darkbulb, Feb 17, 2014.

1. brit

brit in a box

Jorvaljr and Aztecmike like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

thank you Mike.:eatdrink047:.my favorite autostrops so far..;)

Jorvaljr and Aztecmike like this.
  3. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

IMG_8674.jpg
    Interesting looking Grabhorn SE. its a folding razor so i assume its like those Female folding razors that pop up on ebay. Maybe hackable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aztecmike, stuartganis, Ron R and 3 others like this.
  4. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Neat looking piece. Is it the pic angle or is the guard tweaked ?

cliffb599, Jorvaljr and brit like this.
  5. Jorvaljr

No clue, i was wondering the same thing. Ill find out once i get it. $15 shipped seemed like a worthy gamble.

cliffb599 and Dave in KY like this.
  6. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Oops, thought it was your pic..my bad. If tweaked maybe you can persuade it back. Absolutely worth a roll of the dice.

Jorvaljr likes this.
  7. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Bought some Ach Brito Lavanda a different lavender, these fellows have been in business for approx. 170 yrs from my understanding + some Ogallala Bayrum sage & cedarwood. Fendrihan gave me some freebies which was nice.
    Spent some of my phone credit points that is like cash. I enjoy Lavender scents and usually get great lather. We will see tomorrow. The Aftershave has a nice lavender woody scent when dried down.
    Fendrihan supplies Lavender & Bayrum with some freebies.jpg

Have some great shaves!

8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Looks interesting Grabhorn 1909

:happy088:

Dave in KY, cliffb599 and Jorvaljr like this.
  9. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I haven't seen that Aftershave on the forums in a while. I've never used it, but it's been on my radar for years. It's Portuguese if I remember correctly. I've always thought it would pair well with MWF soap.

Ron R likes this.
  10. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I have a weakness for Lavender and Ach Brito (Portugal company) has been making shaving soap and aftershaves for some time. The aftershave does not have a loud scent and dabbed some mid arm and for a little testing. I have researched a lot over the years & read lots of threads and online research about lavenders and this product was mentioned a # of times. You do not see a lot of folks using it and of course I was reading up on some Bayrum AS and came across some Ach Brito products and well pulled the trigger finally.
    Lavender scents do tend to fade usually quicker than other scents IMO. I believe Frank Sinatra liked Ach Brito products and also liked Lavender.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
    PLANofMAN likes this.
  11. Jorvaljr

Hmm interesting indeed. The one in that forum looks obviously cooler but the guard is different. The one im waiting on seems flatter vs that pristine one which is bent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave in KY likes this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

1962 brit rocket
    s-l1600_edited.jpg s-l1600 (1)_edited.jpg s-l1600 (2)_edited.jpg 1962 (H on blade) Rocket Set No54A.jpeg

knob same size as handle .II stamped on baseplate..

13. Jorvaljr

brit likes this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

i think its a "parat" in earlier year sets,my early 50's rocket has the slightly larger twist knob compared to the handle.:).no" II" on the early baseplates either..

Jorvaljr likes this.
  15. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Waiting on this 1936 (high profile head, rivet hinges) Aristocrat, thanks to Mike @Old School !

Had a '34 several years ago that I had replated in rhodium. My most loved and used razor, and have lived with regret ever since having to part with it. When this one arrives, it will be right back out the door on its way to Razor Emporium for replating in rhodium, thanks to a recent 20% off coupon code that was about to expire so it was either do it and pay for it now or wait until the next sale.

IMG_20210728_000054.jpg

IMG_20210728_000047.jpg

IMG_20210728_000000.jpg

brit, Aztecmike, Old School and 4 others like this.
  16. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    Tracking said you should have it Friday.
    I can't start a poll within a thread but would like to poll to replate it in rhodium or not...
    I vote "no" ;)

17. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    I'm waiting on a no.77 or 88 as well as a president case to hit ebay for my no.22 crat... does that count?

IAmTheJody likes this.
  18. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

While I'm not a serious Gillette collector there are a couple of Aristocrats that have always appealed, the original '34 and the hefty post war rhodium issues. So for a fair price , an Australian no 15 set .[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

19. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

I'm just not fond of gold, especially in things I'll actually use. I don't wear any gold jewelry either. The only way I wouldn't have the Aristocrat replated is if the gold plating was in fairly to perfect shape, not worn. As this one has several worn plating spots and was purchased for full-time rotation use rather than a spot in the display cabinet, it's getting a new set of rhodium clothing. :D

20. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Couldn't say no to the Mutamayez fragrance(100 ML) from House of Swiss Arabian.

lottenhem likes this.