What are you waiting on to arrive...?

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Darkbulb, Feb 17, 2014.

1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

just wondering, will you have the case re-plated also, or find a chrome plated case and switch the inside

Jorvaljr likes this.
  2. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

I will leave the case as is and put it in my utility closet along with other shaving related boxes and cases that I save. I won't put it in the display cabinet since it won't have a razor in it. Then again I may just list the case itself for sale since I will never get rid of this Aristocrat like I did my first one, and therefore won't have need for the case.

Jorvaljr, jmudrick and jimjo1031 like this.
  3. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Awesome razor Jody! I acquired a 1934 Aristocrat earlier this year & I fully agree it is a wonderful shaver. Congrats!

IAmTheJody likes this.
  4. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Nice!!! That's a beauty!

5. IAmTheJody

Thanks Mike! I'm curious if this 1936 large profile head shaves different than the 1934 low profile head. If there is any difference, I should be able to tell it pretty easily and quickly considering the several years I spent with my original 1934 variant. Imagine having all three variants of this Aristocrat and trying to figure out which one you like the most... lol

Aztecmike and Jorvaljr like this.
  6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Yesterday, Tabac Tuesday, I noticed that my puck of Tabac is getting quite thin. It is one of three or four soaps I will replace when done.

[​IMG]

twhite, brit, Jorvaljr and 4 others like this.
  7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

One of my favorite razors, a Schick Eversharp Gray Krona ...... if it's in very good condition I'll see if my son want to try it out.

:happy108:

Jorvaljr likes this.
  8. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Someday... I hope to have that problem. :) For now, I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on how the '36 and the '34 compare shave wise. My '34 looked pretty rough in the photos when I bought it, but it cleaned up much better than I thought it would.
    20210107_205736_20210728203720832.jpg

9. brit

brit in a box

awesome set Jody..:cool:

IAmTheJody likes this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

cool aristocrat Mike,the u.s oc 'crat is the only one i haven't pursued so far..:cool:

Aztecmike and IAmTheJody like this.
  11. IAmTheJody

Thanks Gary! :eatdrink047:

brit likes this.
  12. IAmTheJody

I may be wrong but I believe all of the first variant, the 1934, came in the black leather cases into 1935. The second and third variants from 1936 on, came in the gold plated metal case. Based in the advertisements I've seen.

@mr-razor @BBS ?

brit likes this.
  13. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Muchos gracias Gary. :)

brit likes this.
  14. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Clark Silver King and Improved King
    IMG_29072021_181830_(427_x_1000_pixel).jpg IMG_29072021_181909_(1000_x_573_pixel).jpg

Clouds, cliffb599, BBS and 8 others like this.
  15. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Dave in KY likes this.
  16. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Thanks Danny, really excited to try these based on thoughts I've seen on their shave.

brit and Edison Carter like this.
  17. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I think the Improved King is one best Gem style SE razors I've ever used. The Mk II Clarks King razor is pretty aggressive on par with a gem micromatic open comb. You just need a Clarks King MkI SE razor for the complete set now.

18. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Razors I sent out for replating in silver since I felt they were worth restoring. Work done by backroadsgold.
    plate1.jpg plate2.jpg

Ever Ready 1909 on the left and British 1st gen mk1 Aristocrat made for the French market.

brit, jmudrick, Dave in KY and 4 others like this.
  19. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I worked a trade from england. Im excited about some of these.
    The purple gillette case although not the right case will be for my Bulldog. Its similar but the case is from a English gillette single ring. Some of the soaps and cream are items that are either items i cant find in the US or items ive wanted to try

C9D23D15-799C-49BA-A069-4714E84C51DD.jpeg

Aztecmike, brit, IAmTheJody and 3 others like this.
  20. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Thats awesome! Whats the turn around? I have 6 razors at Razor Refresh and its been 3 months. Which was suppose to be 3 weeks.

brit likes this.