What are your three favorite aftershaves for LESS than $10 each?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Darkbulb, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

It's one of the best Bay Rums, IMHO.

Darkbulb likes this.
  2. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

I've started a special savings account in anticipation of this order.
    When the over-time pay permits, I will be in touch!!

3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I know they've been around awhile but I just found these today; I don't recall seeing them in Ohio. The Spice and Arctic Blue are very, very nice twists on OS (I think) and AV; basically the same but slightly different...Spice is a bit spicier and Arctic Blue a bit more "green" or herbal. I did not care for the green one, which I assume is supposed to be SB. Did not smell appealing. Anyway, for $1.09 each, it was a find. The same company's Regatta (OS clone, bottle and all) and Macho were there, too.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  4. Justin Linker

Justin Linker Wetshaving belieber

Just 3. Such a hard decision.

Pinaud Clubman original/Bay Rum (toss-up)
    Old Spice
    Aqua Velva

Hardest decision ever.

5. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Figaro
    Barbon
    Pinaud Clubman

6. Log13

Log13 New Member

I love my old spice and clubman, but my SO hates them. She prefers a more modern "fruitier" taupe scent. So any suggestions that are less than $10 and not musky would be appreciated.

7. Bama Samurai

Welcome to The Shave Den! I use old school stuff, but you are in the right place to ask questions. I hope you enjoy the forum!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
    RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  8. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Welcome to TSD! Please sign up for the Newbie Give-Away HERE Stephan Island Lime is a nice aftetshave, it's not very expensive. Again, welcome to the den. Kerry

Darkbulb and Bama Samurai like this.
  9. Mr. Droid

Mr. Droid Well-Known Member

Almost all my aftershave is under $10. Why? Because I am completely in love with vintage Avon. I think my most expensive Avon purchases have hovered right around the $6 mark for popular stuff like Bay Rum and Island Lime... But mostly I pick up big lots with a$1/2 per unit cost. I have a nice selection of flavors now...and I will be set for Wild Country supply well into the zombie apocalypse. I swear every other decanter is Wild Country! Even when it wasn't the last time I got that shape bottle. My vintage Avon faves are; Oland, Deep Woods and Leather. Apparently Oland is the risky one, as it can spoil, but when it's good, it is really good! In fact I'm on the hunt for the Oland cologne in the Packard...

But if we are talking readily available aftershave; Pinaud, Florida Water, Skin Bracer would have to be my top 3

Bama Samurai likes this.
  10. Adonis

Adonis Well-Known Member

Hmm is it for sale? ;)

11. Adonis

Adonis Well-Known Member

Pinaud Clubman Classic
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue
    Master Well Bay Rum
    so far.. lol

Bama Samurai likes this.
  12. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Nope. Law prohibits it's sale.
    But it is easy enough to make should one be so inclined. Great stuff!
    Making Bay Rum

Bama Samurai and Adonis like this.
  13. TideFan195

TideFan195 Member

I use Old Spice deodorant, but didn't like the AS as much.

for me, it is primarily AV Ice Blue. There are a few others I use, like Nivea for Men if I want a balm, but usually I just slap on AV. On occasion I use the AV green Sport from Canada.

14. Bama Samurai

Pondering brewing this up...looks like a winner!

15. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

The Black River BR is by far one of my favorite aftershaves!
    Not overpowering with BR scent and very soothing on the face (witch hazel & aloe?) with only a mild astringency (sting) from the alcohol. :happy088:

Bama Samurai likes this.
  16. bigjustin

bigjustin Member

Stirling barbershop splash( but is 12 bux)
    Stirling barbershop balm
    Thayers medicated superhazel

17. Stubbl E

Stubbl E Well-Known Member

Witch-hazel & alcohol mixed 2:1, witch-hazel & alcohol mixed 2:1, and...witch-hazel & alcohol mixed 2:1. :happy102:
    I don't mind the occasional perfume (usually when the better half "suggests") but it's definitely not an everyday/workaday thing with me, and the witch-hazel keeps my face in good shape without bringing all the unwanted parfumé

18. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

I like dihydrogen monoxide my self, but maybe I'll try some of yours as well?!!

Tdmsu likes this.
  19. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

It can't hurt. Variety is the (old) spice of life. ;)

jeraldgordon likes this.
  20. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

YMMV - Clubman is the worst Bay Rum I've ever encountered! I threw it out... Now Captains Choice - that's a Bay Rum! But $18 so too expensive for this list.