What Books are you reading?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by myles wilson, Aug 20, 2020.

1. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

I finished this recently. Not usually the biggest fan on reading.... despite that, I found this book very good.
    upload_2020-8-20_20-23-14.jpeg

brit likes this.
  2. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Textbooks are the only thing I have been reading for the past few years. That will end in December. I look forward to getting back to reading historical books.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

3. LevelupShaves

LevelupShaves Well-Known Member

Currently reading The Devil's Cup. It's a very interesting take on the history of coffee and how coffee consumption cane to shape most of western civilization. [​IMG]

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

4. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

In the Heart of the Sea
    (The Tragedy of the Whaleship Essex)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Reboot!
    1647891352695.jpg
    I'm liking these guys.
    Along the lines of Louis L'amour in that there is no vulgarity or gratuitous sex.
    Just good story telling.
    Yup, I like my Westerns.

MoAllen likes this.
  6. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

The complete collection of stories by HP Lovecraft. Interesting writing style and imagination of the unknown. Think I just finished The Shadow Over Innsmouth if I have it correct.

MoAllen likes this.
  7. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I recently finished "Salt - A World History" by Mark Kurlansky. I imagine these two books run in parallel veins. Add a book on oil and betwixt the three, you'd have most of human history covered.

Currently reading (proofreading) an advance copy of "If I am God" by David Zindell, and reading "A Machinist's Bedside Reader" by Guy Lautard, and "The Woodwright's Companion" by Roy Underhill to clean the Zindell out of my system, much like the late author, John Gardner, recommended reading Hemmingway to clear one's mind after reading Faulkner.

MoAllen likes this.
  8. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

My wife and I are reading Robinson Crusoe together. We take turns reading aloud.

This is a wonderful old copy of a deluxe 1930 edition that belonged to my wife's grandparents. The text is the authentic original with archaic spellings for many words.

20220321_204956~2_copy_768x1234.jpg

20220321_205021~2_copy_768x1126.jpg