What Deodorant are you using right Now?

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by TraderJoe, Jul 18, 2007.

1. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I first started 40 years ago with a spray RightGaurd I think, but I didn't like inhaling the overspray, so in my late 20' early 30's I began using SpeedStick, but I found I was getting some type of rash and/or painful lessions under my arms, so for approximately the last 30 years I've used body powder(Gold Bond,Shower to Shower,Medicated or store brand equavalent) it keeps me both dry and odor free all day... The advantage to powder is you can use it all over, not just under your arms, the bad part is of course the normal sized powder container is not as small and easy to carry as SpeedStick or spray deoderant...However after using powder,I've never had any desire to ever go back to using a spray or stick...:)

2. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

I love my alun block. It's scent free and not matter what i do,it keeps my pits dry and hold it for about 24hours.

Some of the deos i have didn't last so long.

tuxxdk likes this.
  3. Heloguy

Heloguy Well-Known Member

i use the crystal. doesnt keep me as dry as an anti-perspirant, but it's good enough. it does however keep me odor free for up to 24 hours. better than any deodorant i've tried. usually for me, deodorants just mask odor after i start to perspire. the crystal works great, and lasts forever. I've been using the same one for over 9 months and it isnt even 1/4 of the way gone.

immobileman, tuxxdk and ChiefShaver like this.
  4. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

I dind´t know how good alun blocks are till i tried one. Bought it in the vacation in Italy last month and since than i can´t imagine using something else.I have a few deodorants in my den but i don´t think i will use them anymore.The only exception will be my Mennen Speed Stick. I love the scent of it soooo much,but it lat´s not as long as my alun block.

tuxxdk likes this.
  5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Saw this the other day. ---> *click* My Brut anti-perspirant/deodorant comes in at #3. I've been using it for years and all I ever use.

6. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Arm & Hammer Unscented, ever since I first saw it in the store. Keeps me dry and doesn't conflict with any cologne I might choose.

7. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I use an alum stick. It works well for me.

ChiefShaver and tuxxdk like this.
  8. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Right Guard as a rule. Occasionally I'll buy Mennen Speed Stick Original which also works very well for me.

9. Dave Paskowski

Dave Paskowski Active Member

Been using Secret Unscented for years. I know strong enough for a man but made for a woman. It's the only one that doesn't cause me any irritation and it's reasonably price.

10. Iacchus

Iacchus Member

Old spice. "pure sport", I think. Its tough stuff, and I get compliments on the scent. I am thinking of trying this alum block thing though. I want something unscented to pair with a nice cologne.

11. immobileman

immobileman Member

I use a crystal stick. It last forever and keeps me clean smelling. If your not sweaty in the pits, ammonia works great since it changes the ph so bacteria odor cannot grow.

tuxxdk likes this.
  12. Old Spice Original Scent

Smells like a gentleman.

13. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I'm not sure if I mentioned this earlier and I'm too lazy to check, but I've taken to using liquid crystal (lafe brand) roll on and once that's dry follow up with an Old Spice deo stick. The combo works really well together whereas I might get some, um, break through, with either one alone.

14. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    arm&hammer.jpg This is the one I have settled on. Arm and Hammer Ultra Max Unscented. It is very cheap ($1.98), very effective, hypoallergenic, and unscented: all things I approve of. I use Dove Unscented soap for showering on the recommendation of my dermatologist. The only scented product I use is on my face.

15. LifesShort

LifesShort Well-Known Member

I'm using Clubman Supreme Deodorant. It's a non-aerosol that works extremely well. As a bonus, it has the classic Clubman scent on application, but the scent dries away quickly and doesn't interfere with aftershaves or colognes.

16. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Currently using Old Spice "Wolfthorn"
    In my gym bag is Adidas Energy

17. offroad64

offroad64 a shoulder to cry on

Currently using Old Spice "Hawkthorn"

18. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

What marketing genius came up with those? They sound like unmitigated pit-pain.... but you'll smell nice. :eek:

19. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Some marketing genius who paired 'macho' animals with a 'plant, but, you know, aggressive plant, man' theme to make the most over-the-top macho sounding names they could think of, this side of Brawndo (the Thirst Mutilator - it's got electrolytes!) and Powerthirst.

richgem likes this.
  20. offroad64

offroad64 a shoulder to cry on

Ya for me it works and I smell better than a wet penguin:happy102: