What Deodorant Do You Use?

Discussion in 'Scents' started by Tweezak, Apr 19, 2015.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

That's a good one!

richgem likes this.
  2. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

:happy097:

3. Tweezak

Tweezak Member

Does it actually work? Seems too good to be true...and you know what they say.

Who sells this? I haven't seen it in any of the normal merchants around here.

trey06dmd likes this.
  4. trey06dmd

trey06dmd Arko eater

I've seen it at my local natural food store. Not sure if it works though.

5. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I rather like the Every Man Jack line of deodorant and the Herban Cowboy ones.
    Right now I'm using Classic Brut as I ran out of stuff and picked this up at Walgreens

6. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Crystal Stick

7. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I dislike sticks and sprays VERY much! So I started using body/deodorant powder many many years ago. I use the store branded shower to shower type powders. They work great for me, smell nice, give me 24 hour protection and don't cost much. I'd never go back to a stick or spray.
    Those Thai body stones sound interesting. Where so you get them @TheFiveO ?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  8. Tweezak

Tweezak Member

I went to the Crystal website and they had a list of merchants in my area which included Rite-Aid. I went and looked again and sure enough eventually found it on the bottom shelf somewhere below the Mitchum sticks.

I used it yesterday for the first time and I must say, I'm impressed! I couldn't detect any BO right up to bedtime.

I like that it doesn't leave a slimy coating that you have to wait to dry out. It's good stuff. Thanks for the recommendation!

I wonder if it's good enough to use as an alternative to the scent blocker AP/deodorants that I use during hunting season. Hmm...

bigjustin likes this.
  9. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Just an FYI... for the rock/crystal to work best, you have to apply immediately after showering. It works by preventing new bacterial growth (odor causing), not so much by killing bacteria already in place. When I used it (in solid form), I would towel off and immediately apply to my still-damp pits which helped dissolve the rock and get it where it needed to be.

10. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

I have been using Nivea for years cos it's effective and smells nice. But i recently bought a pack of old spice Aftershave that came with some deodorant and I have to admit it smells great.

Omelmad likes this.
  11. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I use Old spice Whitewater

12. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

+1. Everything Mark stated and more importantly it works even through an hour gym workout at the end of the work day, everyday.

Last edited: May 1, 2015
    Boojum1 likes this.
  13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Brut original green deo (classic)
    Brut Revolution (blue) and Power Stick deos (both at Dollar Tree)
    Speed Stick Musk deo, when I can find it (great stuff)
    Men's Stock North Woods spray (sparingly...expensive and I'm almost out)
    When I know I'll be at work late, I break out the big gun: Mitchum pore glue.

14. hippiebrian

hippiebrian Well-Known Member

I use the same alum block I use on my face. I splash / wash with cold water after the shave and wet my pits at the same time. Rub the stone on my face then over the pits. I wash it off my face after 30 secs to a minute, but leave it on the pits. Works like a charm!

15. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Interesting. I've stopped using my alum block - maybe I should turn it into an under-arm product.

16. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Men men speed stick.

17. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

I use one that's just a block of alum, both after shaving and as deodorant.

Boojum1 likes this.
  18. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Any reason a jumbo Pinaud stypic, moistened and held sideways, would not work as a deo? Aluminum sulfate, it says, which is evidently still the ingredient in some anti-p's.

19. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

It will probably burn like heck and leave white residue. Styptic (aluminum sulfate) is not the same as alum block (ammonium alum or potassium alum).

20. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I confess I applied it right after posting. I felt, and feel, nothing and am quite dry. Time will tell, though - it's been in the 90s and I'll know by this afternoon if it works. If it works, ounce for ounce I'll have found an extremely cheap deo...at under $2, that jumbo stick would last for a couple months even with daily use (actually, I used only 1/2 of the stick; the other half with the round tip is stuffed in a plastic tube as my actual styptic).