What Do BBS Shaves Mean To You...........

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by jimjo1031, May 19, 2019.

?

Feeling BBS.

1. WTG

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. ATG

18 vote(s)
    85.7%
  1. Laird

Laird Well-Known Member

Actually no, I've read about them and have been meaning to try one but it's the one thing I always forget to "add to cart" when I'm ordering shave gear.

brit, RyX and BigD like this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

It's a good tool to measure your technique. They sting like the dickens when going over a nick or razor burn. Fairly cheap and last a long time if you don't drop it. They shatter in jibbles and bits. Best clue to keeping one in hand and easily gripped - wrap a rubber band around the thin side outer edge. That keeps the big flat sides open for use.

They also can be used on finger tips to aid in skin stretching through a lathered face. That helps to flatten the skin and keep it taunt like a drum for less irritation.

Edison Carter and brit like this.
  3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I shave daily mostly and when I first started DE shaving a BBs was a goal and received a few. It really is not worth the effort to reach the pinnacle of a excellent shave.
    I'm happy when I reach my sweet spot CCS,DFS,BBS and to get a true BBS you will more than likely will remove a layer of skin & the objective is to remove stubble not skin.
    One days growth of beard (2).jpg <24 hr growth 48 hr growth (2).jpg <48 hrs growth DFS.bbs  just after a shave! (2).jpg <DFS,BBS shave DFS whiskers looks like 1.5 hrs later..jpg <2 hrs later the beard is starting to come back! I took these pictures around 400 X magnification about a year back and maybe this is a good thread to show them again.
    Have some great shaves!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    Terry and Edison Carter like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

images.jpg big block shelby..:)

5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

So how long does that smooth last for you?

brit likes this.
  6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Great pics there Ron. Thanks!

brit and Terry like this.
  7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I bet Carroll was smart enough to not waste time on trying for BBS all the time... just saying.

Shaver X and brit like this.
  8. Tallships

Tallships Well-Known Member

It lasts a good 2-3 hours! Long enough for me to enjoy my shave and my wife'smile at breakfast. As I said. To each their own.

Shaver X and brit like this.
  9. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

To me, BBS shaves mean shaves as smooth as a baby's bottom.

brit likes this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

too busy having fun i bet..