What Do Women Like?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by lovenhim, Oct 13, 2009.

1. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

I Was just trying to give an example of someone liking a few classics that weren’t from her time. If you want to know specifically what a 23 year old likes, I’d recommend finding one and asking her.

brit likes this.
  2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

May she have a father or father in-law that may wear the scent that they carry from their youth that would be delivered to to her children and his grand children. Some may think it foolishness, but it is said that the nose carries the most memories of love and childhood.

:)

wristwatchb likes this.
  3. Willk

Willk Active Member

Yes, nostalgia is a powerful, particularly with scents. I could go on about my dad’s old car, or his pipe, etc. and yes, a 23 year old could like a scent that reminds her of her granddad. But, would she ever find the scent a turn on? Ie: a 23 year old woman may find her grandfather’s cardigan nice, but would never want her boyfriend be seen wearing one. I’m cynically thinking that these old aftershaves may not be “attractive” to young women, but older women, yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul Turner likes this.
  4. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

What Do Women Like?

I'll take "Mysteries of the Universe" for $2,000, Alex. :D

Lancre, BamaT, jtspartan and 5 others like this.
  5. Willk

Willk Active Member

I posted the same question in another forum and the response from one woman sums it up:
    "I used to like the old Michael Jordan cologne the best. My dad used to wear it often. I remember my brother would wear Tommy Hilfiger. Because it was my dad and brother wearing them , it wouldn't turn me on. But I like and remember the scent... "

I think aftershaves are now an "after thought", and women don't really care about this to any significant degree. The only interest seems to be to remind women of their family members, and nothing further. So, other than enjoying the scent yourself, further considerations will be like going on a hopeful date and ending it with a hand shake, or a peck on the cheek. Or perhaps a kiss on the forehead. Gone are the days of Bruit 33, etc. Socialization has certainly changed over the past few decades. Your Instagram profile is likely a better attraction than any aftershave.

Paul Turner and Frijolero like this.
  6. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Post of the Year! :happy088:

Lancre, BamaT and richgem like this.
  7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

:D

wristwatchb likes this.
  8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I know this is a few years later, but I have grown to really like what I call now "Bill Neumann". Very skin-friendly and some fine scents.

9. Bax

Bax Well-Known Member

After spending a small fortune experimenting, I finally got smart and asked my wife to pick whatever she likes. She did. My standard aftershave lotion is now Proraso aftershave balm with tea tree oil. On days when I don't see her for several hours or we're going outside, I use up my supply of other aftershaves. My beautiful blushing bride doesn't like me in any colognes, either.

Aside from my wife, there have been positive comments from other folks in the office when they get a faint whiff of some of the other aftershave lotions and balms I've tried. I think women, in the wild, detect something different. Most of the things I've tried since picking up wet shaving have been different than other guys normally choose. Instead of drugstore products, I leaned toward Italian scents (Proraso, Floid, or Cella).

Depends whether you want to make your wife happy, or to seem more interesting to other women!

If you really want to impress her, dig up some old Hai Karate... and you won't be able to fend her off!

It was so awesome they included self-defense instructions with every bottle!
    ;-)
    - Bax

10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Alex: I mighta gone with Mysteries of the DAY, but.....you're the contestant.

richgem likes this.